BT sport app

Posted 1st Oct
anyway to watch it on my TV?

I'm only a mobile customer so I only have access to the mobile app
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

31 Comments
do you have an xbox? i believe you can download the app on it and therefore watch it on your tv that way
JumpMan198001/10/2019 17:52

do you have an xbox? i believe you can download the app on it and …do you have an xbox? i believe you can download the app on it and therefore watch it on your tv that way

Even if your only a mobile customer though?

They block you using apps on any other device you see other than off your mobile phone
efc_4ever01/10/2019 17:53

Even if your only a mobile customer though?They block you using apps on …Even if your only a mobile customer though?They block you using apps on any other device you see other than off your mobile phone

are you with bt or ee?
efc_4ever01/10/2019 17:54

BT

me too - i watch it on my iPad and my phone - i don't have an xbox to test what i said unfortunately - but think it may be true as i do watch it on my tablet without any issues ..
JumpMan198001/10/2019 17:56

me too - i watch it on my iPad and my phone - i don't have an xbox to test …me too - i watch it on my iPad and my phone - i don't have an xbox to test what i said unfortunately - but think it may be true as i do watch it on my tablet without any issues ..

You been able to cast it to TV?

Are you just a mobile customer?

I have PS4 I'll give it a go. I tried the BT sport app on my Samsung tv and it wouldn't work
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 1st Oct
efc_4ever01/10/2019 17:56

You been able to cast it to TV?

not tried ... couldn't when i was with EE without paying extra per month .. went back to BT for this very reason and so far have been satisfied with watching on tablet but keep meaning to look into how to watch on the big screen .. in the same boat on this one
JumpMan198001/10/2019 17:57

not tried ... couldn't when i was with EE without paying extra per month …not tried ... couldn't when i was with EE without paying extra per month .. went back to BT for this very reason and so far have been satisfied with watching on tablet but keep meaning to look into how to watch on the big screen .. in the same boat on this one

Ok mate thanks anyway
efc_4ever01/10/2019 17:58

Ok mate thanks anyway

with ee i couldn't even watch on tablet - could only watch in device their sim was in - they wanted £10 extra a month to cast, watch on multiple devices etc so as i said went back to BT knowing from previous use that i could at least watch on the tablet .. let me know how you figure it out or i will let you know if i get there sooner
JumpMan198001/10/2019 18:00

with ee i couldn't even watch on tablet - could only watch in device their …with ee i couldn't even watch on tablet - could only watch in device their sim was in - they wanted £10 extra a month to cast, watch on multiple devices etc so as i said went back to BT knowing from previous use that i could at least watch on the tablet .. let me know how you figure it out or i will let you know if i get there sooner

Ye I will do thanks.

Up to now I'm just able to watch on my mobile

I haven't tried a tablet yet but I did try my laptop and the app on my Samsung tv and they wouldn't log me in. I'll go try PS4 now
efc_4ever01/10/2019 18:02

Ye I will do thanks. Up to now I'm just able to watch on my mobileI …Ye I will do thanks. Up to now I'm just able to watch on my mobileI haven't tried a tablet yet but I did try my laptop and the app on my Samsung tv and they wouldn't log me in. I'll go try PS4 now

agreed - does not work via laptop on their online player ... think bcos that is not an app based access point ..
JumpMan198001/10/2019 18:03

agreed - does not work via laptop on their online player ... think bcos …agreed - does not work via laptop on their online player ... think bcos that is not an app based access point ..

Are you a broadband customer with BT?

Won't log me in on PS4 either

So only way at the min for me is on my god dam mobile
efc_4ever01/10/2019 18:07

Are you a broadband customer with BT?Won't log me in on PS4 either

no we switched to vodafone and i lost my £5 monthly discount doing so - ah okay that is sad news ... i considered getting pro iPad just for the bigger screen but that seems expensive way of solving this
efc_4ever01/10/2019 18:07

Are you a broadband customer with BT?Won't log me in on PS4 either Are you a broadband customer with BT?Won't log me in on PS4 either So only way at the min for me is on my god dam mobile

No tablet to use?
JumpMan198001/10/2019 18:10

No tablet to use?

before getting ipad i had hudl2 and in fairness that had a cracking picture - miss using that actually
JumpMan198001/10/2019 18:10

No tablet to use?

Working on my kids fire tab. Bigger screen than my phone. Slight progress

Maybe some way to cast the fire tab or your iPad to TV ? BT probably block it though from being able to cast to tv
Rather than cast can you mirror your phone screen to tv? That's what I used to do, but that was before they started charging extra for casting.
STRICKIBHOY01/10/2019 18:34

Rather than cast can you mirror your phone screen to tv? That's what I …Rather than cast can you mirror your phone screen to tv? That's what I used to do, but that was before they started charging extra for casting.

I could try. I think you can mirror the fire tab if your tablet has that option. Just mirror it from the tablet to your firestick on TV. My kid has the fire HD 8 and no mirror option on it so that's that idea out the window but I'll try my phone to the TV now
I'm an EE customer and have the BT Sport App on my mobile and PC, so if I want to watch it on the big screen I can just do that via the PC. Have you tried seeing if you can log on via the PC app?
Haircut_10001/10/2019 19:08

I'm an EE customer and have the BT Sport App on my mobile and PC, so if I …I'm an EE customer and have the BT Sport App on my mobile and PC, so if I want to watch it on the big screen I can just do that via the PC. Have you tried seeing if you can log on via the PC app?

Yup it's working on my laptop via the app but can't see any way to mirror to tv

Maybe just plug in via hdmi cable
efc_4ever01/10/2019 19:21

Yup it's working on my laptop via the app but can't see any way to mirror …Yup it's working on my laptop via the app but can't see any way to mirror to tvMaybe just plug in via hdmi cable

Yep, if your laptop has a HDMI output you can just plug it straight in to your TV (you might possibly have to go to the display settings in Windows control panel to configure it but most likely it will jai be plug and play). If you don't have the HDMI output then you'll be looking at some kind of VGA connector but hooking it up via your TV's HDMI will be the easiest method rather than mirroring.
Haircut_10001/10/2019 19:27

Yep, if your laptop has a HDMI output you can just plug it straight in to …Yep, if your laptop has a HDMI output you can just plug it straight in to your TV (you might possibly have to go to the display settings in Windows control panel to configure it but most likely it will jai be plug and play). If you don't have the HDMI output then you'll be looking at some kind of VGA connector but hooking it up via your TV's HDMI will be the easiest method rather than mirroring.

Good man. thanks
JumpMan198001/10/2019 18:01

https://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-playstation-4-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-large-screen-app-S11364334308554

"Customers who access BT Sport via a BT Mobile subscription or EE customers who access BT Sport via the basic £5 a month product will not get access to the new app"
Screencast from your phone to tv... assuming uve gt a smart tv...
dcx_badass01/10/2019 19:43

"Customers who access BT Sport via a BT Mobile subscription or EE …"Customers who access BT Sport via a BT Mobile subscription or EE customers who access BT Sport via the basic £5 a month product will not get access to the new app"

efc_4ever01/10/2019 19:21

Yup it's working on my laptop via the app but can't see any way to mirror …Yup it's working on my laptop via the app but can't see any way to mirror to tvMaybe just plug in via hdmi cable

How did you get the app on your laptop? I can’t find that on my MacBook
I have the bt sports mobile app on my smartphone through my ee mobile contract can only watch it on this device unless i use smart view to watch it on telly
f3rgy1502/10/2019 07:03

I have the bt sports mobile app on my smartphone through my ee mobile …I have the bt sports mobile app on my smartphone through my ee mobile contract can only watch it on this device unless i use smart view to watch it on telly

I've no option of smart view on my Moto g7 play. I have cast option instead but it does nothing
JumpMan198002/10/2019 06:16

How did you get the app on your laptop? I can’t find that on my MacBook

I just went into apps in Windows on my Lenovo laptop jumpman and downloaded it.

I should mention the picture quality was terrible when using this option.

Watching it on my fire tab seemed best option. You can mirror the fire tab to your firestick aswell
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 2nd Oct
HDMI to tv is the best and most reliable option.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants