BT sport mobile

Posted 13th Sep
I have the BT sport mobile app included in my phone plan but I can only watch it on my mobile

Does anybody know of a way to watch it on the TV
I have tried casting it to my Samsung TV from my phone but the cast option is greyed out
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
You have to pay an extra fee to allow casting to tv’s from the app
rofiquel13/09/2020 11:26

You have to pay an extra fee to allow casting to tv’s from the app

No you don't.......

I also have the mobile app add on free from bt with my phone contract. I simply cast the phone screen to the tv and have the app running, works no problem at all.

This is the wireless projection option of android, not from the bt app
a666andy13/09/2020 11:58

No you don't.......I also have the mobile app add on free from bt with my …No you don't.......I also have the mobile app add on free from bt with my phone contract. I simply cast the phone screen to the tv and have the app running, works no problem at all.This is the wireless projection option of android, not from the bt app

So cast my mobile to the Samsung TV and then open the BT sport app on my phone and it will mirror to TV
efc_4ever13/09/2020 12:41

So cast my mobile to the Samsung TV and then open the BT sport app on my …So cast my mobile to the Samsung TV and then open the BT sport app on my phone and it will mirror to TV

Works perfectly for me from my p30 pro
a666andy13/09/2020 15:35

Works perfectly for me from my p30 pro

As if what's going on here. Sick of watching it on my mobile

Do you use a Chromecast?
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 13th Sep
Nope, straight from my phone direct to lg tv
a666andy13/09/2020 15:38

Nope, straight from my phone direct to lg tv

I'm having issues getting my Moto g8 to mirror to my Samsung TV. Can't even get it to mirror to the TV. Tried everything suggested on Google

2 hours I been trying now. I give up
I presume you have WiFi turned on on the phone and maybe tv too? (depending on if tv is cabled to Internet)
a666andy13/09/2020 15:41

I presume you have WiFi turned on on the phone and maybe tv too? …I presume you have WiFi turned on on the phone and maybe tv too? (depending on if tv is cabled to Internet)

Oh my TV is on ethernet. Will that make a difference
Make sure TV and phone are on same wifi network. Samsung TVs are known to have connectivity problems. The other option is Chromecast.
MR112313/09/2020 15:44

Make sure TV and phone are on same wifi network. Samsung TVs are known to …Make sure TV and phone are on same wifi network. Samsung TVs are known to have connectivity problems. The other option is Chromecast.

They both on same network. Think I might have to get a Chromecast. Should I have the TV connection by WiFi and not ethernet
efc_4ever13/09/2020 15:46

They both on same network. Think I might have to get a Chromecast. Should …They both on same network. Think I might have to get a Chromecast. Should I have the TV connection by WiFi and not ethernet

WiFi.
efc_4ever13/09/2020 15:42

Oh my TV is on ethernet. Will that make a difference

I think the tv will also need to have a WiFi connection.

I've just read a few different sites that say the moto may only be able to stream to a chromecast. But others have installed miracast apps and had some success
Thanks. Ye I tried last few hours and will not connect. Tried on WiFi too just now. I'll try a few Miracast apps
efc_4ever13/09/2020 15:52

Thanks. Ye I tried last few hours and will not connect. Tried on WiFi too …Thanks. Ye I tried last few hours and will not connect. Tried on WiFi too just now. I'll try a few Miracast apps

If you separated the router bands, ensure its on the same band I.e 2.4ghz as your phone.
I signed up for the BT Sports app (with large screen) through EE when the Bundesliga started back up again. I'd had BT Sports, again through EE, in the past and still had the app on my phone. When I'd got it originally it was a fiver a month and I could use smart view to watch it on my Samsung tv from my Samsung phone.
When I got it again during lockdown the price had gone up significantly but I was told that was because of the large screen option.
One of the advantages of LS is being able to add the app to my Xbox and watch it that way.
When I tried to do this I encountered a problem and couldn't watch the live channels, it kept asking me to upgrade to large screen if I wanted to do this, which I already had.
Contacted EE and they done something their end and sorted it.
However I have no cast button on my app and it does not appear when using smart view on my phone.
After googling it I was under the impression that you need Chromecast to be able to do it but judging by some of the comments on here I'm guessing that's not the case ?
Don't know if this will help but I connect my phone to my TV using a usb c to hdmi connector. Plug the usb c into phone and hdmi cable from TV into other end. I have Huawei p20 pro and no issues this way.
davescouse13/09/2020 17:22

Don't know if this will help but I connect my phone to my TV using a usb c …Don't know if this will help but I connect my phone to my TV using a usb c to hdmi connector. Plug the usb c into phone and hdmi cable from TV into other end. I have Huawei p20 pro and no issues this way.

Ye I'll definitely give that a try thanks

I'll try anything at the minute otherwise I'm going to have to pay £49 for a Chromecast ultra

Don't know if this will help but I connect my phone to my TV using a usb c …Don't know if this will help but I connect my phone to my TV using a usb c to hdmi connector. Plug the usb c into phone and hdmi cable from TV into other end. I have Huawei p20 pro and no issues this way.

Can I just check are you on a BT sport mobile plan
efc_4ever13/09/2020 17:36

Can I just check are you on a BT sport mobile planSomething like …Can I just check are you on a BT sport mobile planSomething like this?[Image] [Image]

Yeah from EE
davescouse13/09/2020 17:39

Yeah from EE

How much does the contract cost u a month?
Do you have to pay extra for the large screen subscription
efc_4ever13/09/2020 17:48

How much does the contract cost u a month?Do you have to pay extra for the …How much does the contract cost u a month?Do you have to pay extra for the large screen subscription

Don't remember selecting any large screen subscription, im sure it's £5 a month

This is how I do mine on my s9 with EE just make sure you get a USB C lead which let's you charge as well as the phone screen still has to be on unless your routed
DaveG4613/09/2020 20:49

This is how I do mine on my s9 with EE just make sure you get a USB C lead …This is how I do mine on my s9 with EE just make sure you get a USB C lead which let's you charge as well as the phone screen still has to be on unless your routed

Is this ok

41908621-7kwfG.jpg
DaveG4613/09/2020 21:00

Doesn't look like it has power in

So long as my phone is fully charged I should be ok to watch a match though
efc_4ever13/09/2020 21:01

So long as my phone is fully charged I should be ok to watch a … So long as my phone is fully charged I should be ok to watch a match though

Probably so my battery is a bit rubbish, I just turn my screen brightness down (doesn't affect the telly) I also turn off notifications so they don't come on, think if you do not disturb it might stop calls, my dad has a habit of ringing
Edited by: "DaveG46" 13th Sep
I've also just remembered I bought a wireless charger during lockdown 💡 🙈
efc_4ever13/09/2020 21:01

So long as my phone is fully charged I should be ok to watch a … So long as my phone is fully charged I should be ok to watch a match though

Yeah, that's what I do
davescouse13/09/2020 22:35

That's the one I got

Is it just a case of plugging it into phone then into HDMI to TV?

I have plugged it in but no response. Do I need to select any casting or anything?
efc_4ever15/09/2020 21:05

Is it just a case of plugging it into phone then into HDMI to TV?I have …Is it just a case of plugging it into phone then into HDMI to TV?I have plugged it in but no response. Do I need to select any casting or anything?

Are you selecting the correct input (hdmi 1,2 or 3) on the TV. When I connect mine I get my phone homepage on the TV then start the by sport app.
davescouse15/09/2020 21:17

Are you selecting the correct input (hdmi 1,2 or 3) on the TV. When I …Are you selecting the correct input (hdmi 1,2 or 3) on the TV. When I connect mine I get my phone homepage on the TV then start the by sport app.

Ye selected HDMI 2 but just nothing. Not bringing my phone home page up onto TV

Is it because I'm using it with a Moto g8 maybe?
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 15th Sep
efc_4ever15/09/2020 21:48

Ye selected HDMI 2 but just nothing. Not bringing my phone home page up …Ye selected HDMI 2 but just nothing. Not bringing my phone home page up onto TVIs it because I'm using it with a Moto g8 maybe?

I don't know about that, but im using a Huawei p20 pro and a hisense TV, just went upstairs and managed to get my phone on a 15yr old Toshiba tv. Must be my phone
Just checked phone settings and easy projection and Huawei share are off.
Edited by: "davescouse" 15th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text