BT sports app

Found 13th Dec 2017
As part of my EE plan, I get free BT sport. I dont watch sport but my husband loves it so is there any way that I can get this to show on a laptop or TV rather than my phone so he can watch it
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
If you have Chromecast or Amazon fire then mirror to tv
Original Poster
caverncity9 m ago

If you have Chromecast or Amazon fire then mirror to tv

So i download app to his androidphone, put in my security ID, then get it to mirror to tv through chromecast or amazon fire?
Yes on Amazon press home button until you see mirror then on phone go to screen then cast and when Amazon pops up press that then it should connect
Original Poster
caverncity2 m ago

Yes on Amazon press home button until you see mirror then on phone go to …Yes on Amazon press home button until you see mirror then on phone go to screen then cast and when Amazon pops up press that then it should connect

Brilliant. Thank you. I havent used chromecast or amazon fire before. Looked at them when i was looking into joining amazon prime for moviesbut didnt like prime.

would you recommend i get chromecast or amazon fire?
Either but be aware you are mirroring not casting there's a difference. It can stutter every now and then but it's ok.
I use the Amazon fire
mutley13 h, 24 m ago

Brilliant. Thank you. I havent used chromecast or amazon fire before. …Brilliant. Thank you. I havent used chromecast or amazon fire before. Looked at them when i was looking into joining amazon prime for moviesbut didnt like prime.would you recommend i get chromecast or amazon fire?

Get a Chromecast you can cast from your phone on to tv. Perfect picture.
Unless you already have a capable TV to cast too already better check
How have you got on with this? If it is only a phone deal that you have with EE then I think that casting will not work. See below.

Maybe think about purchasing a wire to connect from your phone/tablet to the hdmi slot on a TV.

This is from the BT website

“If you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber, and you have the right equipment at home to connect your PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet to your TV, then you'll be able to stream the app onto your TV.

However if you watch the BT Sport App as part of an EE mobile subscription, BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband or a BT Business package, then you won’t be able to ‘cast’ the app onto a large screen. Windows devices are also unable to cast to big screens, whatever subscription you’re on.”
Original Poster
sean856611 m ago

How have you got on with this? If it is only a phone deal that you have …How have you got on with this? If it is only a phone deal that you have with EE then I think that casting will not work. See below. Maybe think about purchasing a wire to connect from your phone/tablet to the hdmi slot on a TV. This is from the BT website “If you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber, and you have the right equipment at home to connect your PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet to your TV, then you'll be able to stream the app onto your TV. However if you watch the BT Sport App as part of an EE mobile subscription, BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband or a BT Business package, then you won’t be able to ‘cast’ the app onto a large screen. Windows devices are also unable to cast to big screens, whatever subscription you’re on.”

thanks for this info. looks like i won't be able to cast as i don't have BT broadband or BT business package, only with EE mobile plan. on the EE website, it seems to state only for 3 months as well for free, but this must mean from activation as I have had the EE plan since 31.08.2017 and I am still getting msg from EE to ask me if I want the security code for the app.
The BT Sport app from EE is mobile app only, It's not the same as the BT Sport that can be cast, that requires BT broadband though
BT mobile also have the same sport app that is mobile app only as do Plusnet.
Original Poster
oliverkennedy1023 h, 45 m ago

Unless you already have a capable TV to cast too already better check

Thank you for this suggestion. You are correct as i have smart tvs so i have been able to cast directly to tv by downloading android tv cast app to my phone

now just need to find a way of casting android apps from my phone to tv
Edited by: "mutley1" 14th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions