Groups

BT Total Broadband changes to T&C - charges at END of contract

Just got the email from BT referring us to the new changes in terms & conditions as of Dec 2nd 2008.

Ending the service

8. When you end your broadband service outside your minimum period and do not request and use a migration access code to move to another service provider, you will have to pay a cease charge of £18.51 (from 2nd December 2008). You will not have to pay this charge in the event you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new address.

5 Comments

Hmm does this change allow people to end their contact inside the minimum term?

Original Poster

Enchante;3321313

Hmm does this change allow people to end their contact inside the minimum … Hmm does this change allow people to end their contact inside the minimum term?

That was my first thought too, but I doubt it. What they might do if you try this though is to guarantee this termination charge isn't applied. At least I would hope so, as it seems very unfair. You enter into a contract period in good faith, not expecting to be charged extra at the end of it if you don't meet certain new requirements they add half-way through.

no one is very likely to leave without using a mac code unless they are moving to cable or fancy some downtime.......

Just tell them you're moving to France....

Seriously, this smacks of desperation to retain users rather then any genuine costs incurred to terminate service.

BT suck, boys and girls

What does this really mean?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      3. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44
      4. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost517

See more discussions