Groups

BT Total Broadband problems

Hi,

Over the last few weeks my bb speed has dropped from 4meg download to just under 3meg during the day and a very slow at night with averages under 1meg. I have contacted BT many times and had 2 engineers out who have said there is no problem with the line and the people on the end of the phone state there is no fault. I am totally sure BT is at fault and want to change my isp.

I really dont expect to see my original speeds reinstated and have chosen Pipex as my main option. Can anyone shed some light on the subject thanks.

4 Comments

Banned

Do you use p2p or torrent software?
    If so, perhaps they have put you in a heavy user group due to a fair usage policy.
    Not a lot you can do if that's what has happened.

Original Poster

No I dont use any of that stuff just general internet use and some online gaming such as Counterstrike Source and Day of Defeat Source.

I go to tons of jobs like this, end user complaining of Poor speeds. Engineering visit booked, we get there perform a couple of tests with our voyager 105 and laptop if the line loss and SNR are alright a (and 9/10 they) are, thats it. I have problems myself with slow download speeds from about 1700-0001, my speeds jump back up after this time. So I sympathise with you. Do a speedtest on ]speedtester.bt.com as this is logged everytime you do it and can be used ti help get you released from your contract early to goto another ISP.

Original Poster

I have decided to move over to Pipex. I would like to sign up to there Broadband Max service which is around £25 a month. Does anyone have any experiences with them before I sign up to a years contract.

Finally how do I go about cancelling?, is it just a case of contacting BT and the bb subscription will be terminated immediately ?. The thing that is putting me off is that I will be without bb for a while in between switching isp's.

Has anyone moved bb and seen an increase in speed between isp's or have regretted there decision?.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2838
      2. love affairs2060
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61481
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17856381

See more discussions