BT, Virgin or Sky - Broadband’ TV and Phone - who to choose and why

Found 29th Nov 2017
As above after receiving notification that BT are increasing the price of services in January 18 I’m looking to find out which other HUKD’ers use of the 3 listed and reasons why?

I’m with BT for broadband ( BT Infinity 2 ) and mobile phone ( sim only ) with Sky for TV ( entertainment no movies no sports )

Paying around £120 a month for all on average ( yea I know ouch ) hence I’m looking for one provider to reduce costs.

Spoke to VM today and they can do the lot including two boxes upstairs for £61 a month with £50 activation fee ( £782 year ) which doesn’t sound that bad or is it too much ?

Are VM any good / reliable service - decent broadband with no sneaky hidden costs ?

Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
Virgin broadband as (for me) it's way faster than anyone else can offer....

200+Mbps everyday, all day

Fed up with PayTv...Freeview all the way now....
Depends on what the spec is for the Virgin pack.
Original Poster
Van19738 m ago

Depends on what the spec is for the Virgin pack.

100 meg broadband’ 3 tv boxes’ broadband router’ HD entertainment pack’ weekend calls and line rental - £61 a month.

Any good ?
I think that is about the "right" price. Virgin don't have much (perhaps any) room to discount the Sky packages. You could ask for a price without 'Entertainment' and look at NOW TV instead - can get entertainment at £45 for 12 months from here -…als if you are quick.

Also look at the standard offers on their website combined with Quidco cashback.

Also - if you agree a price you could then try to get the £50 refer a friend payment if you already know someone on VM.

Many on here will tell you that is a bad deal but I think it's generally at the bottom end of the pack.

I'm hoping for a price around £30 ish when my current deal runs out for something like 200mb broadband only.
Post a comment

Top Discussions