Groups

Bt Vision Question

Just a quickish one !

I have recently ordered BT Vision and have to wait untill the 8th August for delivery, now to bridge that gap a family member has offered me their box as they dont use the service anymore.

The question then, Can I hook this box up and expect everything to work and just swap the boxes when mine arrives ? Or will the line not be ready untill the 8th ?.

Shouldn't be any problem with the "Connect The Box Within 28 Days" term either ?

Bit of a strange one I know but does anyone have any idea.

Cheers,

DFN

3 Comments

Banned

The freeview part will work, but the download of the BT Vision content is done via your broadband connection

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2642608

The freeview part will work, but the download of the BT Vision content is … The freeview part will work, but the download of the BT Vision content is done via your broadband connection

So I won't be able to get the On Demand content untill the 8th ?

None of it works if you don't have it connected to BT Broadband (It downloads the EPG and without that it doesn't work)

So the box does need to be connected to a line with BT vision activated on it though you can phone BT though and they will happily activate your family members box on your line for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​45
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764339
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416147

See more discussions