Groups

BT what details do i need to give???

Hi i need to give some information as someone wants to make a Bank Transfer payment could someone please tell me which details i need to give???

Thanx

13 Comments

Name
    Sort code
    Acc num
    Name of bank

account no and sort code should be all you need

I believe it is
    Name
    Account Number
    Sort Code

obviously only need name of bank if doing over counter

Original Poster

Also is it 100% safe aswell???

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5070212

depends who you're dealing with:thumbsup:

How do you mean??? I know with paypal some people can pay with credit card and do chargeback or something. I am recieving the payment so what risks do i have???
    Sorry about all the questions just want to be safe and no get stung.

zedf;5070073

Also is it 100% safe aswell???

I don't think any payment option is 100% safe.

BT's only have the same info as a cheque you hand over to any seller.

Is the payment from someone you know or a complete stranger with no feedback?

Banned

greg_68;5069930

I believe it isName Account NumberSort Code

only correct answer

greg_68;5069930

I believe it isName Account NumberSort Code

fragaliciousbob;5070465

only correct answer

You don't need the name.

umanga;5069928

account no and sort code should be all you need

Factually correct.

Banned

thesaint;5071054

You don't need the name.Factually correct.

well at lloyds it doesn't let you send money without the recipiants name this way it saves on errors if you get the other details wrong so please get your facts straight unless of course you know every banks procedure in which case i'll be saying sorry

fragaliciousbob;5071082

well at lloyds it doesn't let you send money without the recipiants name … well at lloyds it doesn't let you send money without the recipiants name this way it saves on errors if you get the other details wrong so please get your facts straight unless of course you know every banks procedure in which case i'll be saying sorry

So you have cited one bank that you claim need the name as well.

If Lloyds TSB also needed an inside leg measurement too, would that mean that the answer would be:

Name
    Sort code
    Account Number
    Inside leg measurement.

No, course not, as we are talking about 99.9% of banks, not the odd one that sings to a different song sheet.

Banned

thesaint;5071135

So you have cited one bank that you claim need the name as well. If … So you have cited one bank that you claim need the name as well. If Lloyds TSB also needed an inside leg measurement too, would that mean that the answer would be:NameSort codeAccount NumberInside leg measurement.No, course not, as we are talking about 99.9% of banks, not the odd one that sings to a different song sheet.

i find it a shame that you seem to know everything about everything when its clear that you dont as for the inside leg measurment thing i find that laughable as i do you

bit daft to just use the sort code and acct number,, much to wide a margin for error without a name, especially considering the number of foreign speaking workers banks are employing to deal with the influx of new eu members.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions