BT - when are you deemed a new customer?

Found 15th Nov 2015
If I'm currently on BT Broadband, but want to go onto BT Infinity via their 'new customer' offers, would I be deemed a new customer once my current contract runs out?

If not, how long would I have to be away from BT to be regarded as a new customer?

10 Comments

They're desperate to keep hold of customers, call them and tell them that your going to talk talk. Theyll soon give you a deal

Yeah tell them your going to talktalk
They could do with a laugh on a Sunday evening
When I went to infinity on my renewal i got them to price match plusnet (who BT also own)

Original Poster

Thanks, I 've already spoken to them. They couldn't get anywhere new new customer deals. Te package I was quoted was what was already 'offered' to existing customers.

They couldn't get anywhere near their 'online exclusive', but there was one on 18 mths, but did not offer the £100 voucher.

Just wondered if I was able to sign up as a new customer once I am out of contract.

Original Poster

Mind me asking what you're current package is Bradleigh?

Why not switch to Plusnet? BT own them, and you'll be classed as a new customer there.

Madness ain't it - existing customers get nothing for loyalty whilst new customers get the deals to attract them away from there current SP.

Gain new customers at the front and lose existing ones at the back - exactly why businesses like BT fail to hang on to there existing customers and we all go round in a circle with them - the same can also be said about virgin media & sky

Original Poster

Plusnet seems ok, but not as good as BT's offer if you factor in Anytime calls and BT Sports.

And Plusnet's on an 18 month contract.

KayeeEn

Mind me asking what you're current package is Bradleigh?

My infinity 2 package is £20pm plus line rental
Think i get evening and weekend calls but never use the home phone
And bt sports of course

pennyfarthing88

Madness ain't it - existing customers get nothing for loyalty whilst new … Madness ain't it - existing customers get nothing for loyalty whilst new customers get the deals to attract them away from there current SP.Gain new customers at the front and lose existing ones at the back - exactly why businesses like BT fail to hang on to there existing customers and we all go round in a circle with them - the same can also be said about virgin media & sky

Actually Sky seem to bend over for existing customers as long as you know how to negotiate terms/deals.

If you keep a close eye they do a deal for existing customers every 6 months or so, it's not as good as the new customer deal as you only get a £50 voucher but the other terms are the same. To be a new customer you used to have to be out of service with them for 6 months.

If you are a ADSL customer and want to u[grade to infinity they often do deals for this, again not as good as new customers deal but better than nothing,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions