BT youview box

Found 18th Apr
Hi.

Anyone got the BT youview box? Is it worth buying? Looking for something that has 7 day listings plus record one channel whilst watching another plus catch up tv.

Anyone recommend any such box?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm
Community Updates
18 Comments
We have that one it’s good and you can go back in time to watch tv shows (I think? I haven’t tried it myself but my sister has).

Recording is easy and has lots of space. It tells you if you’ve watched something (or even if you’ve watched a part of it) and it gives you the option to continue watching or restarting.

For some reason, BT controllers have never turned our TV on but they turn on another family members

Has some smart features too but I think they’re just BBC iplayer, Netflix and that ITV Player and some other random ones (a kids one as well).
I'll jump in here and point you towards a question I asked a few months ago :

hotukdeals.com/dis…253

Thanks to everyone on here, we took the plunge and bought a box from Cex for my brother. Could not be more pleased and more grateful to the members who helped us.

If you have accurately described your needs, all boxes ticked. You can record 2 channels and watch a 3rd. Bonus! And the app, suggested in my linked thread, is superb.

Thanks to the help on here, we had a great result.
£124 on amazon and we have 2 and they work well.
Got my last one for a family member for £40 from cash converters with 6 month warranty. Lots on ebay as well.
dcx_badass21 m ago

Got my last one for a family member for £40 from cash converters with 6 …Got my last one for a family member for £40 from cash converters with 6 month warranty. Lots on ebay as well.

Oh I didn’t know about that! I might have to get one (not OP btw). Don’t know if it’s justifiable with the little amount of TV I watch though I have to record what I want to record on a family members one at the moment (on their TV)
Thanks for replies. Might just take a trip down to cash converters tomorrow see what they have. Cheers
I had the talktalk version and at first it was rubbish but recently i got it back out of the loft and did the big update and its great, it was very laggy before now its quite slick, its great for netflix, obviously you will only be able to use netflix and scroll back and use catch up if you have it connected to the internet, but if the bt version is as good as the talktalk version then go for it, my box is the Huawei DN372T its classed as a youview + box
Edited by: "ding" 19th Apr
I was one of the lucky ones who got to trial the first edition box before talktalk or Bt put their badge on it and i still really like them iv since had talktalk versions and still very good cant comment of bt version not had that. If i remember correctly the whole concept was lord sugars idea of getting all catchup services in one place. Having a 7epg you can just click and play on is great.
BT YouView box listed on CEX - Humax DTR-T2100 500GB BT YouView HD TV Recorder / Freeview, A Grade for £55.00

CEX YouView / Humax

Brilliant bit of kit and the A grade one I received had never been used - still in sealed plastic wraps.

Humax are one of the better makers with a good reputation.

(currently OOS but they do stock them quite regularly, just keep checking)
Edited by: "Bingstroller" 19th Apr
I have the cex one. It's excellent although you di need an ethernet connection for the catchup services. Netflix is very slick on it,
I have a couple of BT Youview Boxes, if want one mate just cover the postage
fisco20016 h, 3 m ago

I have a couple of BT Youview Boxes, if want one mate just cover the …I have a couple of BT Youview Boxes, if want one mate just cover the postage

That would be great thanks, if you don’t mind doing that?
Edited by: "SteMoss" 19th Apr
fisco20016 h, 31 m ago

I have a couple of BT Youview Boxes, if want one mate just cover the …I have a couple of BT Youview Boxes, if want one mate just cover the postage

I would be really grateful for the second one you have for my Mum, if possible? The box we got for my brother (as linked above) is superb, so would love to fix my Mum up.
SteMoss2 h, 49 m ago

That would be great thanks, if you don’t mind doing that?

Il pull them out over then weekend and send you a picture
Diegobound2 h, 21 m ago

I would be really grateful for the second one you have for my Mum, if …I would be really grateful for the second one you have for my Mum, if possible? The box we got for my brother (as linked above) is superb, so would love to fix my Mum up.

Same again il pull them out over weekend and send you pic and go from there
When will youview have wifi enabled boxs
MR11232 h, 53 m ago

When will youview have wifi enabled boxs

YouView boxes aren’t Wi-Fi enabled as they want to guarantee signal quality. Only costs about £20 for some powerline plugs for ethernet. The speed of their catch up services and interface far exceeds what sky & VM offer.

support.youview.com/you…box
Edited by: "chocci" 22nd Apr
chocci34 m ago

YouView boxes aren’t Wi-Fi enabled as they want to guarantee signal q …YouView boxes aren’t Wi-Fi enabled as they want to guarantee signal quality. Only costs about £20 for some powerline plugs for ethernet. The speed of their catch up services and interface far exceeds what sky & VM offer.https://support.youview.com/youview-box/set-up/using-wi-fi-to-connect-to-your-box

Ive read into it tbh they said this at the time when internet was rubbish for majority its not the case now. Its time they got upto date with now TV, sky, vm, bt, and everyone else.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants