Groups

BT/phoneline help please

Hi all.

I am just about to move house and i am wanting to get rid of BT for my phone and o2 for internet. However when i move to the new house i need to find a new supplier of both. Does anyone know if Orange or Sky or Talk talk can connect a phone line which will no doubt be disconnected from the previous owners. Bt initially said you can just move with your number and we'll connect it then you can cancel it but after confirming this with the home movers team i have now been told i need to sign into another 12 month contract which i do not want to do as i would liek to get the line rental and bb from one company for a better price. Any ideas or ways round this?

5 Comments

Try Money supermarket.com with your postcode and that should tell you what you can get in that area.

Original Poster

yeah i h know who is unbundled on the exchange etc it was more a question of who can connect the line itself if the isn't already a bt phone number running on it? thanks anyway though

anyone can connect the line as openreach now does this work (you have seen the vans)
    ofcom made BT set this up as a separate company and all telecoms companies must put connection requests through openreach including BT so that there is fair competition
    :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ah right ok cool thanks for the information i guess the easy way to do it is ring round the companies who are unbundled there and see who can do what then

Original Poster

apparently only BT can connect the lines i asked in the orange shop today about it and they said there needs to be a working phone number there for them to connect on to so it looks like i am stuck with BT for another year
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions