Budapest

Posted 17th Dec 2019
Off to Budapest on Thursday with the missus, trying to make it a special weekend for her. Is there one that has been before that could recommend anything? Any nice walks? Etc

Bob
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
39430757-9RCdP.jpgBlue skies over the Danube this afternoon
23 Comments
In this temperature you'll just want to sit in the thermal baths all day! Definitely get food in the Jewish quarter. Experience as many ruin bars as you can. The market scene is strong and be sure to eat all the pastries!
you want to give her a speical weekend by making her walk.. i'd be looking up the best restaurants on tripadvisor..
If she likes cats there’s a cat bar, very strange but pretty cool we stumbled across the place it looked like a normal bar, there was a quiz on and the guy behind the bar says “there’s no tables left but you are welcome to sit with the cats”. In for a penny in for a pound we sat with the cats! Strange place but we had a laugh.

We went this time of year too the weather was warmer than home but it got cool at night. Loads of walks over the river up to Buda castle.
chaywa17/12/2019 21:18

In this temperature you'll just want to sit in the thermal baths all day! …In this temperature you'll just want to sit in the thermal baths all day! Definitely get food in the Jewish quarter. Experience as many ruin bars as you can. The market scene is strong and be sure to eat all the pastries!

I'm there right now and it is unseasonably warm. Warmer than when we left Leeds bradford. Christmas market was quite nice today
Treat yourselves in this top restaurant: gundel.hu/en/
Take a walk up to the old castle. Cross over the river. Views are great. Walk along the river. Go to the baths. Take in the dive bars. River cruise at night. Loads to do. Stay away from the tourist traps and experience the real Budapest. It’s so cheap there.
They do guided walks which includes a meal we booked it through our hotel
Thanks all for the responses, gonna look for a nice seafood restaurant for us, it’s a proposal one! So any nice areas that this can be achieved where we won’t be on every tourists photo album would be great?!
Pinball Museum :-)
Visit Citadel, Some fantastic views from up there. The Hop on/ hop off bus tours were great for getting around.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 18th Dec 2019
Bobb_Sinclairr18/12/2019 08:07

Thanks all for the responses, gonna look for a nice seafood restaurant for …Thanks all for the responses, gonna look for a nice seafood restaurant for us, it’s a proposal one! So any nice areas that this can be achieved where we won’t be on every tourists photo album would be great?!

I've been walking round all day without a coat on. It really has been that warm
.MUFC.18/12/2019 18:34

Visit Citadel, Some fantastic views from up there. The Hop on/ hop off bus …Visit Citadel, Some fantastic views from up there. The Hop on/ hop off bus tours were great for getting around.

How do you get up there? I want somewhere with a great view of the night lights but she is reluctant to go anywhere silly on an evening in a foreign country.
psychobitchfromhell18/12/2019 18:34

I've been walking round all day without a coat on. It really has been that …I've been walking round all day without a coat on. It really has been that warm

That’s great to know, I might leave my walking boots at home after all!! Do you have any recommendations for us? Needing the special stuff that the missus will love lol
Bobb_Sinclairr18/12/2019 18:36

How do you get up there? I want somewhere with a great view of the night …How do you get up there? I want somewhere with a great view of the night lights but she is reluctant to go anywhere silly on an evening in a foreign country.

I used the Hop on / Hop off bus tours. Can't remember which one went up there but they'll give you a route map.
Bobb_Sinclairr18/12/2019 18:37

That’s great to know, I might leave my walking boots at home after all!! D …That’s great to know, I might leave my walking boots at home after all!! Do you have any recommendations for us? Needing the special stuff that the missus will love lol

mine are still sitting in a bag on the hotel room floor
39430757-9RCdP.jpgBlue skies over the Danube this afternoon
.MUFC.18/12/2019 18:34

Visit Citadel, Some fantastic views from up there. The Hop on/ hop off bus …Visit Citadel, Some fantastic views from up there. The Hop on/ hop off bus tours were great for getting around.

it's all covered in those love locks now. I don't like those
psychobitchfromhell18/12/2019 20:59

it's all covered in those love locks now. I don't like those

That's disappointing, they think they're being romantic. It was 2 years back when I went. Those parliamentary buildings along with all the various gothic church buildings are amazing. Some really amazing architecture.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 19th Dec 2019
.MUFC.19/12/2019 08:50

That's disappointing, they think they're being romantic. It was 2 years … That's disappointing, they think they're being romantic. It was 2 years back when I went. Those parliamentary buildings along with all the various gothic church buildings are amazing. Some really amazing architecture.

off up to the castle today
Can anyone tell me where the none tourist areas are so we don’t get ripped off with the prices? We have fallen trap to it to many times and spending a fortune!
Already fallen trap as we came for breakfast and have spent €50! For one coffee, beer and 2 english breakfasts!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions