Budget 65 inch TV - Hisense or Samsung ?

Posted 12th Nov
fingers crossed there will be either brand under £500 on black Friday but which is better? also there seems to be so many versions of each brand. I am open to options on other brands, I just have a Samsung sound bar and that working wirelessly with the TV gives a slight advantage.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

33 Comments
I prefer my LG TV to my Samsung one, can’t say I have any knowledge of Hisense though sorry.
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 15:15

I prefer my LG TV to my Samsung one, can’t say I have any knowledge of H …I prefer my LG TV to my Samsung one, can’t say I have any knowledge of Hisense though sorry.

I've seen and LG 60 inch in Argos £499, you think 5 inch matters?
If it's a £500 hisense v £500 samsung then it will be hisense unless the samsung is a lot smaller.
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 15:15

I prefer my LG TV to my Samsung one, can’t say I have any knowledge of H …I prefer my LG TV to my Samsung one, can’t say I have any knowledge of Hisense though sorry.

Do you have freeview play on either of them? Parents are after a new one and i'm freeview play is a must for them as they want to get into catchup tv but can't set all these different ones up.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 16:14

If it's a £500 hisense v £500 samsung then it will be hisense unless the s …If it's a £500 hisense v £500 samsung then it will be hisense unless the samsung is a lot smaller.

Why Hisense one at £500 then? I don't need Freeview I use sky q and firestick
Because hisense are a "budget" brand so to get the same spec on other models you need to spend more.

johnlewis.com/his…358

That's only 55 inches though, but under £500

There's a review on avforums and it get's 8 out of 10.

avforums.com/rev…513
The hisense 7100 is probably within your budget but i'm having trouble finding reviews and the differences between the 7500.

I'm getting a 50-55inch one with a budget of £500 so currently looking around.

Btw if you see one from John Lewis go via vouchercodes and you'll get a £50 voucher if spending over £500. I'm looking at a £499 one and a bar of soap
rwebbz12/11/2019 15:47

5" doesn't sound much but you can notice a difference. 55 to 65 you can massively tell but then you'll get used to it. My mate went 55 to 75 and holy mother of god it was a massive difference lol
rwebbz12/11/2019 15:47

It depends in what context but if you can live with it, I’d definitely go for the LG!
Toon_army12/11/2019 17:36

5" doesn't sound much but you can notice a difference. 55 to 65 you can …5" doesn't sound much but you can notice a difference. 55 to 65 you can massively tell but then you'll get used to it. My mate went 55 to 75 and holy mother of god it was a massive difference lol

I was thinking that, I have 50 inch now in the living room.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 16:29

The hisense 7100 is probably within your budget but i'm having trouble …The hisense 7100 is probably within your budget but i'm having trouble finding reviews and the differences between the 7500. I'm getting a 50-55inch one with a budget of £500 so currently looking around. Btw if you see one from John Lewis go via vouchercodes and you'll get a £50 voucher if spending over £500. I'm looking at a £499 one and a bar of soap

Does the 7500 have Dolby vision and a different stand to the 7100? This is the problem im just trying to find the best for my price.
Definately a different stand as we can't have the 7100 as it has the stupid little legs at either side so wont fit on the video cabinet. We've got to go for one with a stand in the middle.

John Lewis can do a compare up to 4 sets on their website, so just checking out other stuff.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 16:16

Do you have freeview play on either of them? Parents are after a new one …Do you have freeview play on either of them? Parents are after a new one and i'm freeview play is a must for them as they want to get into catchup tv but can't set all these different ones up.

We’ve got Freeview Play on the LG but not the Samsung, that TV just has the separate apps installed but is mainly used for Netflix.
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 18:20

We’ve got Freeview Play on the LG but not the Samsung, that TV just has t …We’ve got Freeview Play on the LG but not the Samsung, that TV just has the separate apps installed but is mainly used for Netflix.

Do you have to register and mess around to get freeview play like you do with all the seperate apps? My parents never bothered with all the catchup stuff as it was too complicated but many times it would have come in useful for them.
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 18:09

It depends in what context but if you can live with it, I’d d …It depends in what context but if you can live with it, I’d definitely go for the LG!

Cheeky, I've only just met ya! Tell me what LG stands for and il get one.
rwebbz12/11/2019 18:03

Does the 7500 have Dolby vision and a different stand to the 7100? This is …Does the 7500 have Dolby vision and a different stand to the 7100? This is the problem im just trying to find the best for my price.

Yep dolby vision and smooth motiion rate 100 and bluetooth.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 18:23

Do you have to register and mess around to get freeview play like you do …Do you have to register and mess around to get freeview play like you do with all the seperate apps? My parents never bothered with all the catchup stuff as it was too complicated but many times it would have come in useful for them.

No I didn’t have to make an account or sign in to each app when I first downloaded it, the first time I opened each app it just asked me to agree to the terms & conditions and use of cookies, and to confirm I have a TV license for iPlayer. I’d already had the individual apps on the TV prior to downloading it though I’m not sure if that makes a difference but can’t see that it would.
rwebbz12/11/2019 18:29

Cheeky, I've only just met ya! Tell me what LG stands for and il …Cheeky, I've only just met ya! Tell me what LG stands for and il get one.

Haha! Life’s Good
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 18:37

No I didn’t have to make an account or sign in to each app when I first d …No I didn’t have to make an account or sign in to each app when I first downloaded it, the first time I opened each app it just asked me to agree to the terms & conditions and use of cookies, and to confirm I have a TV license for iPlayer. I’d already had the individual apps on the TV prior to downloading it though I’m not sure if that makes a difference but can’t see that it would.

Thanks, think i'll definately sort them out with a tv with freeview play. Worst case scenario is i spend boxing day registering all that crap for them
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 18:39

Thanks, think i'll definately sort them out with a tv with freeview play. …Thanks, think i'll definately sort them out with a tv with freeview play. Worst case scenario is i spend boxing day registering all that crap for them

Hopefully it’s just accepting the terms & conditions as it literally takes a few seconds, it might take a little while longer to talk them through navigating it though haha, good luck!
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 18:39

Haha! Life’s Good

Incorrect. I'm showing my age but when i was a kid LG was something Goldstar and they made crap. It was as bad as alba and matsui.
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 18:43

Hopefully it’s just accepting the terms & conditions as it literally takes …Hopefully it’s just accepting the terms & conditions as it literally takes a few seconds, it might take a little while longer to talk them through navigating it though haha, good luck!

Cheers, it will take me 3 hours to teach them how to change channels
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 18:43

Incorrect. I'm showing my age but when i was a kid LG was something …Incorrect. I'm showing my age but when i was a kid LG was something Goldstar and they made crap. It was as bad as alba and matsui.

38968946-AlDlC.jpg

This was the TV I had in my bedroom as a kid to accompany my Alba VHS player, how nostalgic! Can’t say I remember Goldstar though, perhaps a little before me
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 19:07

[Image] This was the TV I had in my bedroom as a kid to accompany my Alba …[Image] This was the TV I had in my bedroom as a kid to accompany my Alba VHS player, how nostalgic! Can’t say I remember Goldstar though, perhaps a little before me

How could you focus on the tv with that yellow?

I had a black and white portable, even the outer bit didn't have colour

Most of my stuff as a kid was matsui. I definately had a couple of things made by goldstar.....may have been tape deck and a portable cd player.

Became a tech snob when i got a job and started buying sony/arcam/b&w and now gone full circle where i look for value again.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 19:16

How could you focus on the tv with that yellow? I had a black and white …How could you focus on the tv with that yellow? I had a black and white portable, even the outer bit didn't have colour Most of my stuff as a kid was matsui. I definately had a couple of things made by goldstar.....may have been tape deck and a portable cd player. Became a tech snob when i got a job and started buying sony/arcam/b&w and now gone full circle where i look for value again.

I remember the black & white mini portable TV’s with the massive aerials, my pops had one for camping! As for the yellow TV the colour was probably the most entertaining thing about it before I had the VHS player haha I lived in Devon and we only had 4 channels you’re in the right place though, we all love a bargain on here!
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 19:29

I remember the black & white mini portable TV’s with the massive a … I remember the black & white mini portable TV’s with the massive aerials, my pops had one for camping! As for the yellow TV the colour was probably the most entertaining thing about it before I had the VHS player haha I lived in Devon and we only had 4 channels you’re in the right place though, we all love a bargain on here!

Mine had a circular aerial and you had to twist it round or move the telly round to get a decent picture. Oh and if anyone walked by where the aerial signal was coming from you'd lose the picture.

I was a kid back in the day when there were only 3 channels
I think the LG 60 Inch 60UM7100PLB Smart Tv is good value a £499
LG = Lucky Goldstar.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 19:36

Mine had a circular aerial and you had to twist it round or move the telly …Mine had a circular aerial and you had to twist it round or move the telly round to get a decent picture. Oh and if anyone walked by where the aerial signal was coming from you'd lose the picture. I was a kid back in the day when there were only 3 channels

Damn you beat me there but it’s true what they say, the younger generation will never know the struggles!
iscom12/11/2019 19:44

I think the LG 60 Inch 60UM7100PLB Smart Tv is good value a £499

I agree!
hotukdeals.com/dea…297

60” LG has been knocked down to £449 on Argos... £51 under budget for the sacrifice of 5” is your call though!
ChelseaRae13/11/2019 11:08

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-60-inch-60um7100plb-smart-4k-hdr-led-tv-333029760” LG has been knocked down to £449 on Argos... £51 under budget for the sacrifice of 5” is your call though!

Oh man your killing me, it's all about that 5 extra inch now.
m1keyp1key12/11/2019 18:43

Incorrect. I'm showing my age but when i was a kid LG was something …Incorrect. I'm showing my age but when i was a kid LG was something Goldstar and they made crap. It was as bad as alba and matsui.

It was Lucky Goldstar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions