Groups
    EXPIRED

Budget airline Ryanair has come up with a possible new cost-cutting measure in the form of stools rather than seats on flights.

SuperEd
    The Irish no-frills carrier is looking at the possibility of increasing capacity on flights by getting some passengers to squat on stools.

These passengers would pay less than those in "normal" seats or possibly fly for free.

Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said that the airline's chief executive Michael O'Leary had already been in touch with aircraft manufacturer Boeing to see if such a scheme was feasible.

Mr McNamara said: "If it's possible, if we can get the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) to approve it and if it can reduce fares even further we will be doing it."

Mr O'Leary told Sky News that he got the idea from the Chinese airline Spring, which said it could squeeze 50% more passengers on board and cut costs by 20%.

14 Comments

sounds like another ryanair hoax story to me-stools?? how safe would that be? dont believe a word of this.

No can't be true :? can it:?

if you travel 3rd class you get to just hold on to the wings

ClarityofMind;5675965

if you travel 3rd class you get to just hold on to the wings

It's better than 4th Class, where you hang onto the ankles of 3rd Class passengers .... :-D

Original Poster SuperEd

Xb0xGuru;5676007

It's better than 4th Class, where you hang onto the ankles of 3rd Class … It's better than 4th Class, where you hang onto the ankles of 3rd Class passengers .... :-D

lol

Xb0xGuru;5676007

It's better than 4th Class, where you hang onto the ankles of 3rd Class … It's better than 4th Class, where you hang onto the ankles of 3rd Class passengers .... :-D

thank god its their ankles :roll:

samples........

Yahoo say that ryanair are thinking of giving cheaper or free flights to people who will stand for the duration of their flight!

Surely that can't be good for you circulation??

uk.news.yahoo.com/5/2…tml

There is a proper seat in the loo, but that may cost you a quid.

Original Poster SuperEd

Xb0xGuru;5676007

Inactive;5676275

There is a proper seat in the loo, but that may cost you a quid.

or spend a penny...

angelwithdirtyw;5676172

Yahoo say that ryanair are thinking of giving cheaper or free flights to … Yahoo say that ryanair are thinking of giving cheaper or free flights to people who will stand for the duration of their flight! Surely that can't be good for you circulation??http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090706/tbs-ryanair-fly-for-free-if-you-stand-up-327c223.html

Actually standing up is a lot better for the circulation than sitting down. That is, if you can move about a little when standing. Standing still for many hours = varicose veins......better than DVT.

ClarityofMind;5676094

thank god its their ankles :roll:

When I first read it, I though it was ****** .... :whistling:

Xb0xGuru;5677638

When I first read it, I though it was ****** .... :whistling:

read my mind :w00t:

Well this is how is going to look Vertical Seating

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5291/verticalseating.th.jpg

You may want to fill the Ryanair survey to give your opinion

ryanair.com/sit…709
    Post a comment
    @