Found 6th May
Budget of 450 already have a 750ti new to building computers. Thanks in advance

18 Comments

Ultimately depends what games you're wanting to play. For most AAA titles a GTX 750ti won't suffice but for less demanding games it'll be fine. If you do want to play the latest titles then for £450 you'll probably be better off with a PS4.

Original Poster

sofaclass

Ultimately depends what games you're wanting to play. For most AAA titles … Ultimately depends what games you're wanting to play. For most AAA titles a GTX 750ti won't suffice but for less demanding games it'll be fine. If you do want to play the latest titles then for £450 you'll probably be better off with a PS4.

​​I already have an Xbox one. this will be used for gaming and college work as I am looking into working in the IT industry

Take a look at the prebuilt PC's on CEX plenty just need a gpu to be fully working mid range gaming PC's

I just built a PC for my dad and my budget was a little less than that but it is doable.

Generally I use PC part picker to price up my purchases and make sure the parts are compatible.

For the peripherals I added the most basic 1080p monitor, cheap speakers, and a mouse and keyboard combo; can't be picky on a budget and doesn't affect performance.

Link to parts list: uk.pcpartpicker.com/use…kLk

Why I chose the parts (prices on PC part picker):
CPU: g4560, 2 core with hyperthreading; pretty good started cpu similar performance to I3 but for 1/3 less price. Will bottleneck higher end GPUs though so beware when upgrading.
Motherboard: previous generation but will work with this CPU as the bios is pre-upgraded. Clearance refurbished motherboard from Novatech for CHEAP! (£23) Your text here
Memory: Best bet is CEX for 2nd hand as new is currently so expensive. You will get whatever they get at hand, either bare or with a heatsink of any brand. Your text here
Storage: Got the cheapest 1tb hdd; plenty of storage and upgradeable to SSD whenever
PSU: EVGA branded 430W, plenty for starters

Total so far £300; leaves you £150 for a graphics card to upgrade from that 750ti (sell it).

Notes: You will also need a Sata cable as the motherboard doesnt come with one (this plugs into the hard drive). I've personally used CEX for RAM and the novatech clearance motherboard.

I would recommend watching some YT videos on PC building, basically all the same and overall it is very easy.

My comment is just a recommendation, upgrade anything you like.

Also, these are just the buy it now prices if you need it immediately, If you hunt around for deals you can get it for cheaper. Look at the amazon warehouse 20% off right now, most of the really good deals are probably gone but you could probably still get a good monitor for cheaper than £80.
Edited by: "towan" 6th May

Original Poster

towan

I just built a PC for my dad and my budget was a little less than that … I just built a PC for my dad and my budget was a little less than that but it is doable.Generally I use PC part picker to price up my purchases and make sure the parts are compatible.For the peripherals I added the most basic 1080p monitor, cheap speakers, and a mouse and keyboard combo; can't be picky on a budget and doesn't affect performance.Link to parts list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/towan/saved/MTPkLkWhy I chose the parts (prices on PC part picker):CPU: g4560, 2 core with hyperthreading; pretty good started cpu similar performance to I3 but for 1/3 less price. Will bottleneck higher end GPUs though so beware when upgrading.Motherboard: previous generation but will work with this CPU as the bios is pre-upgraded. Clearance refurbished motherboard from Novatech for CHEAP! (£23) Your text hereMemory: Best bet is CEX for 2nd hand as new is currently so expensive. You will get whatever they get at hand, either bare or with a heatsink of any brand. Your text hereStorage: Got the cheapest 1tb hdd; plenty of storage and upgradeable to SSD wheneverPSU: EVGA branded 430W, plenty for startersTotal so far £300; leaves you £150 for a graphics card to upgrade from that 750ti (sell it).Notes: You will also need a Sata cable as the motherboard doesnt come with one (this plugs into the hard drive). I've personally used CEX for RAM and the novatech clearance motherboard.

​Thanks for the reply already have a mouse and I'm not bothered about speakers

I have a pc for sale for cheaper and better you're gonna get anywhere it's on hardware swap UK on reddit.

2nd hand pc from ebay with i5 2500 will be all you need. small form factor will work with 750ti but if you want something bigger in future then get a proper desktop pc with bigger psu. i got a dell t7500 for 160 quid with xeon e5620 processor equivalent to i7.

ebay.co.uk/itm…779?hash=item3ae20d8fdb:g:4HcAAOSwuxFY0-Db

£115 for small form factor

towan

I just built a PC for my dad and my budget was a little less than that … I just built a PC for my dad and my budget was a little less than that but it is doable.Generally I use PC part picker to price up my purchases and make sure the parts are compatible.For the peripherals I added the most basic 1080p monitor, cheap speakers, and a mouse and keyboard combo; can't be picky on a budget and doesn't affect performance.Link to parts list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/towan/saved/MTPkLkWhy I chose the parts (prices on PC part picker):CPU: g4560, 2 core with hyperthreading; pretty good started cpu similar performance to I3 but for 1/3 less price. Will bottleneck higher end GPUs though so beware when upgrading.Motherboard: previous generation but will work with this CPU as the bios is pre-upgraded. Clearance refurbished motherboard from Novatech for CHEAP! (£23) Your text hereMemory: Best bet is CEX for 2nd hand as new is currently so expensive. You will get whatever they get at hand, either bare or with a heatsink of any brand. Your text hereStorage: Got the cheapest 1tb hdd; plenty of storage and upgradeable to SSD wheneverPSU: EVGA branded 430W, plenty for startersTotal so far £300; leaves you £150 for a graphics card to upgrade from that 750ti (sell it).Notes: You will also need a Sata cable as the motherboard doesnt come with one (this plugs into the hard drive). I've personally used CEX for RAM and the novatech clearance motherboard.

​where does it say that motherboard supports kaby lake?

adamspencer95

where does it say that motherboard supports kaby lake?

Here is the CPU list.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Here is the CPU list.

​yes i'm sure it supports it with the latest bios, but towan stated it is pre-upgraded. i see no reference to that in the product description, and it'd be very awkward to get one, put a G4560 in and it not work.

adamspencer95

yes i'm sure it supports it with the latest bios, but towan stated it is … yes i'm sure it supports it with the latest bios, but towan stated it is pre-upgraded. i see no reference to that in the product description, and it'd be very awkward to get one, put a G4560 in and it not work.

Well as the F20 Bios has been out 6 months then it's likely got the F20 Bios. Give them a ring tomorrow to confirm.

jameshothothot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-8200-Elite-SFF-Core-i5-2500-3-3GHz-4GB-RAM-500Gb-HD-/252900642779?hash=item3ae20d8fdb:g:4HcAAOSwuxFY0-Db£115 for small form factor

​oh.... this depends if your gtx 750ti is small form factor. might not be. mine was. if it isn't you need a full sized desktop

adamspencer95

yes i'm sure it supports it with the latest bios, but towan stated it is … yes i'm sure it supports it with the latest bios, but towan stated it is pre-upgraded. i see no reference to that in the product description, and it'd be very awkward to get one, put a G4560 in and it not work.

Sorry I didn't put it in the message but I bought this exact motherboard from them for this price on clearance about a month ago and it was pre-upgraded. So I'm speaking from experience but you do run the risk that they've changed motherboard batch and haven't upgraded the bios yet. Thanks for pointing out the mistake though!

jameshothothot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-8200-Elite-SFF-Core-i5-2500-3-3GHz-4GB-RAM-500Gb-HD-/252900642779?hash=item3ae20d8fdb:g:4HcAAOSwuxFY0-Db£115 for small form factor

This is a very good deal!

It is how I got into pc gaming!

When the gtx 750ti came out that allowed gaming on any old pc with no psu connection I got the small half sized version from amazon for 100 or so and then found a refurbished i5 desktop pc from gumtree and that was it!

I have subsequently upgraded to a bigger pc with rx 470 but to be honest haven't really noticed much difference in graphics of ultra vs normal. A few YouTube videos suggest ultra etc isn't that much different!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57581
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions