Budget gaming PC

Found 28th Oct 2017
Any good deals knocking around for a budget 'Gaming Pc' with Xmas approaching?

When I say budget, I mean budget.
I'm not looking for anything that going to run Crisis 1,2 or 3 in ultra 4k.
Something in the 300-400 range if possible for an 10 year old.

I understand that I wont get much proc/video power for that range but hoping something will at least run most games, even in not in full spec.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
You can run most games with a 7 year old GPU but just lower detail and FPS. You just need to buy 2nd hand and make some smart choices. Have a look on CEX for older GPUs with 2GB of memory as these are dirt cheap.

I got about 30fps for mortal kombat X on my old AMD 6850 which isn't bad for a £28 card so for around £300 you could buy an i5 system with a GTX 760 which should be fine.
Build it, more bang for your buck, and the person can even pick the case. Good bonding learning experience if done together. I didn't have a clue and done my first build watching a you tube video. For me AMD (maker) graphics card and processors as they're best bang for your buck.

some charts with performance and price. https//ww…et/

Case
CPU
CPU cooler (stock are useless)
GPU
Motherboard
Ram
Hard Drive
Power Supply
If you don't want to build your own, I'd suggest this one - amazon.co.uk/HP-…000
I suggested this one to a friend of mine and so far he seems happy.. though it's in the 500 pounds region.
Not Expertec whatever you do. They didnt make it obvious on their website (buts thats changed now) but they use secondhand parts but charge full price
gadasiu29th Oct

If you don't want to build your own, I'd suggest this one - …If you don't want to build your own, I'd suggest this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Computer-Antivirus-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B071NHBRW9/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1508337875&sr=1-1&refinements=p_36:30000-50000I suggested this one to a friend of mine and so far he seems happy.. though it's in the 500 pounds region.

Seems way overpriced to me. Those Hp's can be picked up for a couple of hundred pounds, they have just stuck a low profile 1050ti inside. Imagine you could save £50 - £100 doing that yourself.
Your best bet. Is to buy something like this
Dell i5

Getting a new power supply. And a 1050ti.

Would come in under 300
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.

Normally I would build, and was looking at an i5 1050ti - though was struggling to keep the price down.
Pitch^^31st Oct

Your best bet. Is to buy something like thisDell i5Getting a new power …Your best bet. Is to buy something like thisDell i5Getting a new power supply. And a 1050ti.Would come in under 300

^^^This^^^

Do this. 1050ti in that would be an ideal gaming PC for a 10 year old.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants