Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?

Found 20th Sep 2017
Hello, as in the title says, im looking to make a budget gaming pc with the possibility of overclocking. Can you guys suggest some cpu s ( amd or intel whichever is better in price and performance) motherboard, gpu and ram please ? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Depends on your budget
Rid145 m ago

Depends on your budget

£750 max with a monitor or i might just stick with my 22 inch lcd for a while
MuratDolu1 h, 6 m ago

£750 max with a monitor or i might just stick with my 22 inch lcd for a …£750 max with a monitor or i might just stick with my 22 inch lcd for a while

You okay with second hard parts?
Yes i am as long as they work fine
Intel's budget CPUs aren't overclockable and AMD's new budget models aren't yet out (the existing ones are pretty old now). You'd have to look at the mid-range AMD ones like the Ryzen 1200. You'll also need a B350 motherboard, the cheaper A320 doesn't allow overclocking.

A Ryzen 1200 and motherboard run to about £160. Pair that with 2x4GB of memory, a 240GB SSD, a 2TB hard drive, an RX 560 4GB, cheap case, branded power supply, Windows 10 and a Freesync monitor like the AOC G2460VQ6 and you'll come to about £750.

If you don't tend to have many games installed at once then you could drop the hard drive and go for a fancier Freesync LFC monitor like a G2460PF or a faster graphics card like an RX 570.
EndlessWaves2 h, 3 m ago

Intel's budget CPUs aren't overclockable and AMD's new budget models …Intel's budget CPUs aren't overclockable and AMD's new budget models aren't yet out (the existing ones are pretty old now). You'd have to look at the mid-range AMD ones like the Ryzen 1200. You'll also need a B350 motherboard, the cheaper A320 doesn't allow overclocking. A Ryzen 1200 and motherboard run to about £160. Pair that with 2x4GB of memory, a 240GB SSD, a 2TB hard drive, an RX 560 4GB, cheap case, branded power supply, Windows 10 and a Freesync monitor like the AOC G2460VQ6 and you'll come to about £750.If you don't tend to have many games installed at once then you could drop the hard drive and go for a fancier Freesync LFC monitor like a G2460PF or a faster graphics card like an RX 570.

Thank you very much. This seems really good i picked those ones except the operating system. Is these the right ones ? uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…rNN
EndlessWaves2 h, 6 m ago

Intel's budget CPUs aren't overclockable and AMD's new budget models …Intel's budget CPUs aren't overclockable and AMD's new budget models aren't yet out (the existing ones are pretty old now). You'd have to look at the mid-range AMD ones like the Ryzen 1200. You'll also need a B350 motherboard, the cheaper A320 doesn't allow overclocking. A Ryzen 1200 and motherboard run to about £160. Pair that with 2x4GB of memory, a 240GB SSD, a 2TB hard drive, an RX 560 4GB, cheap case, branded power supply, Windows 10 and a Freesync monitor like the AOC G2460VQ6 and you'll come to about £750.If you don't tend to have many games installed at once then you could drop the hard drive and go for a fancier Freesync LFC monitor like a G2460PF or a faster graphics card like an RX 570.

I'd say get a 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD and get a second hand 1060 or a brand new 580, don't really trust 2nd hand AMD cards right now because they will have most likely been mined on. I agree on the rest.
MuratDolu1 h, 13 m ago

Thank you very much. This seems really good i picked those ones except the …Thank you very much. This seems really good i picked those ones except the operating system. Is these the right ones ? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vdxrNN

On a large, non-windowed case like that modular PSUs are a waste of money, I'd save the £15 and go for the be quiet system power 8 for £32 recently posted as a deal.

You also want to pay the extra few pennies for faster memory. As well as being more overclockable it even occasionally helps with performance.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…YkT

Other than that it looks pretty good to me. It's probably not exactly what I'd choose in terms of case, card, drives etc.but they're all close so if you like those models go for em.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants