Budget go pro style camera on a budget.

Found 6th Aug
Hi, I commute most days on my bicycle but it is only a matter of time before I am knocked off and seriously injured, drivers pass me within inches as they will not slow down and wait for the vehicles traveling in the opposite direction to pass, so they constantly take the risk of squeezing passed me and the cars coming the opposite way, just the other day a car passed me with inches to spare but what was worse was when I suddenly noticed he was towing a caravan wider than his car, It was far to close for comfort, I would like a budget go pro style camera on a budget as money is a bit tight as of late, preferably 1080p and with a bike mount, something under £50 but even cheaper would be better.

I know a camera may not stop me being knocked of my bike but it may provide proof especially if they hit and run.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Gearbest
There are loads on amazon, used one myself and gave good results, I paid about £20 on a lighting deal
There was one Amazon yesterday for £18, amazoncrazy posted it but was deleted by the mods.
I think you need it rear facing , but as you say only any good after the event (if the camera survives ) . Sadly until the police take dash cam footage of near misses seriously not much will change .

Probably 20% (and rising ) of vehicles now have dash cams fitted and police forces are inundated with dash cam footage of dangerous, prosecutable driving but apparently do nothing .

It will change though (hopefully very soon ) and the underclass of idiot drivers will finally get it into their exceedingly thick sculls that every car is potentially a "police camera" - so "Sad Boy racers " your days are numbered .

I understand a force in N Wales have a team dedicated to reviewing dash cam footage sent in and this trial is being monitored by other forces . A bit of publicity when drivers are banned through this initiative will make many drivers reconsider their driving habits .

Idiot drivers (you know who you are ) , Take my advice - observe speed limits and the highway code - big brother is watching you from every lorry and bus and one in 5 cars . Your days of being an idiot with a driving licence are numbered - Then you'll just be an idiot without a driving licence .
You don't really want an action cam for this, they don't do what you need. You need something that will loop record (record over itself in X minute increments). Else you'll just run out of memory and potentially miss half your journey. If you intend to vlog then a good action cam is the sony as15, as30, as100, as200 etc. They are all gopro quality for 1/2 the price (used).

And every car won't become a police camera, atleast not for general incidents. Speed cameras are calibrated and "obviouslly he was speeding look at this footage" is not evidence of anything, even less when it's submitted by some random person. Why do you think you can go 40 in a 30 past a police car and they don't blink? Their cars can't pick up your speed and word against word is useless. It's not boy racers that have numbered days, it's all the complacent people who have been driving for years and think "oh i havent killed anyone yet I'm a world class driver". Big brother will be watching and it can't prove speed but it will see you cut people off when you don't understand roundabouts, use your phone, hog the middle lane on the motorway, go into the cycle boxes at red lights (that is 3 points by the way), and generally act like a muppet.
Edited by: "murtgurge" 6th Aug
murtgurge1 m ago

You don't really want an action cam for this, they don't do what you need. …You don't really want an action cam for this, they don't do what you need. You need something that will loop record (record over itself in X minute increments). Else you'll just run out of memory and potentially miss half your journey.And every car won't become a police camera, atleast not for general incidents. Speed cameras are calibrated and "obviouslly he was speeding look at this footage" is not evidence of anything, even less when it's submitted by some random person. Why do you think you can go 40 in a 30 past a police car and they don't blink? Their cars can't pick up your speed and word against word is useless. It's not boy racers that have numbered days, it's all the complacent people who have been driving for years and think "oh i havent killed anyone yet I'm a world class driver". Big brother will be watching and it can't prove speed but it will see you cut people off when you don't understand roundabouts, use your phone, hog the middle lane on the motorway, go into the cycle boxes at red lights (that is 3 points by the way), and generally act like a muppet.

Action cameras have this feature. Well the ones I've used.
rev62 m ago

Action cameras have this feature. Well the ones I've used.

ah ok, I know gopros do but didn't know it was much of a feature on others, I know the sony ranges dont - strange really because it's nothing to do with hardware, they could just roll out a firmware update
Apeman action camera circa £30 on Amazon, comes with loads of accessories , excellent reviews.
Amazon warehouse often have some good prices on returned action cameras, sometimes very good reductions.

This was recently on the news from my neck of the woods.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants