Budget laptop for World of Warcraft?

Posted 25th Nov
I'm looking for a laptop in the £300-400 range for my mum to play World of Warcraft. She's not really fussed about graphics (so long as it doesn't look like Minecraft). Ideally 15/17 inch screen and preferably not weighing a ridiculous amount. Other than that she's not too fussed. It has to be a Laptop as she's disabled and getting to the desktop can be hard at times.

With it being black friday, are there any decent deals going around? I know it isn't a great budget but I can't afford much more.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Keep an eye on this deal:
hotukdeals.com/dea…204

Nice spec machine for keeping within your budget. 3yr warranty & cheaper than Ebay too.
Which version of world of warfcraft does she want to play? There is the 'new' version which is actually the original 'vanilla' version - now called Classic. This requires a lower spec (ignore what the minimum spec is posted on Blizzards site, I play this quite happily on an old i3 laptop).
If she wants to play the 'old' full game, she will need a higher spec system, with a dedicated graphics card. I play this on my i3, but in populated areas it gets very choppy and that's on low graphics settings.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 25th Nov
Phsycronix25/11/2019 19:45

Keep an eye on this …Keep an eye on this deal:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-v155-15api-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-156-inch-full-hd-display-radeon-vega-8-windows-10-3339858?page=1&newcomment=39094204#comments-newNice spec machine for keeping within your budget. 3yr warranty & cheaper than Ebay too.

Hey thanks, I'll look into it. I wonder if the price will drop on friday.
Ringfinger25/11/2019 21:39

Which version of world of warfcraft does she want to play? There is the …Which version of world of warfcraft does she want to play? There is the 'new' version which is actually the original 'vanilla' version - now called Classic. This requires a lower spec (ignore what the minimum spec is posted on Blizzards site, I play this quite happily on an old i3 laptop). If she wants to play the 'old' full game, she will need a higher spec system, with a dedicated graphics card. I play this on my i3, but in populated areas it gets very choppy and that's on low graphics settings.

She'll be on the latest version. Not WoW classic.
Agaeti25/11/2019 21:48

She'll be on the latest version. Not WoW classic.

Then get the best you can as the game evolved from an excellent difficult to play game, that could be played well on a basic system, to a game that requires top quality hardware. The reality is the retail game, the one with all the expansions, is made too easy to play and too pretty which makes the game full of eye candy that eats system capacity.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants