Groups

Budget planner app??

Just wondering what recommendations there are for a monthly budget planner apps on iOS?

Finally want to manage my money better and thinking if I actually start "writing" these things down and review my spending visually maybe I'll have a chance of living within my means.

Thanks.

17 Comments

Just make a spreadsheet. I use Google docs

As above, make a spreadsheet instead as you can add as much or little detail as you want. You should be able to export bank statements online or copy the information into excel if you want to do some detailed calculation, or see what you spend the most on or what you spend on frequently.

I did this when I was younger and found I was spending £30+ a week on lunch when I worked in a shop. I was using my debit card for small amounts before during and after work and not reviewing my spend often enough. Spreadsheet saved me £100's as I was not aware what I was actually buying and spending.

If you have a pc, then use Ms money. Superb budgeting software.

Homebudget. Its really good used it for years. You can look back by categories dates etc got my expenses and income down to the penny lol

You can use Google forms or Microsoft forms. You create a online form that you fill in and the answers are put in a spreadsheet.Far better than an app and completely free. There are youtube videos showing you or you can look here pcworld.com/art…l... Forms can be used for anything but I use for expense tracking . Every time I spend I fill in a form. You just bookmark the online form webpage with browser. I answer 3 questions. Which shop. What was bought. How much. Date and time stamp in automatically added. Have just short of 1000 transactions in my Google docs spreadsheet.

I'm using a mobile app made by the Citizens Advice Bureau and it's brilliant

Erubadhron

I'm using a mobile app made by the Citizens Advice Bureau and it's … I'm using a mobile app made by the Citizens Advice Bureau and it's brilliant

And it's called?????

When I looked at budget apps they all seemed to be for planning your spending and the amount spent would come off each category. Food, motor, heating, ect. You set your income, then an amount for each category, then as you spend that comes off your total that you set. That was no good for me. I wanted to track my spending and identify what transactions were as you can't always work out from looking at bank statements. Could not find any app that you just enter what I bought. Example.. Which shop. What was bought. How much. Most PayPal payments are a mystery when looking at bank statements. You can just set a browser bookmark link to a free online spreadsheet. When you get 5 mins, get receipts out and enter In the online spreadsheet. Write.. done... on receipt and put in a box.

wayners

When I looked at budget apps they all seemed to be for planning your … When I looked at budget apps they all seemed to be for planning your spending and the amount spent would come off each category. Food, motor, heating, ect. You set your income, then an amount for each category, then as you spend that comes off your total that you set. That was no good for me. I wanted to track my spending and identify what transactions were as you can't always work out from looking at bank statements. Could not find any app that you just enter what I bought. Example.. Which shop. What was bought. How much. Most PayPal payments are a mystery when looking at bank statements. You can just set a browser bookmark link to a free online spreadsheet. When you get 5 mins, get receipts out and enter In the online spreadsheet. Write.. done... on receipt and put in a box.

Ms money does all what you want and more eg. Regular bills

It's free too

microsoft.com/en-…738

Edited by: "chocci" 19th Jan

youneedabudget.com/

Is the recommended app for this type of stuff

googleboogle

https://www.youneedabudget.com/Is the recommended app for this type of … https://www.youneedabudget.com/Is the recommended app for this type of stuff

$50 A Year! oO

chocci

$50 A Year! oO

It used to be on steam in the sale atlot, but looks like its gone totally web based now.

Original Poster

googleboogle

It used to be on steam in the sale atlot, but looks like its gone totally … It used to be on steam in the sale atlot, but looks like its gone totally web based now.

YNAB by Steine LLC
    appsto.re/gb/…8.i

Appears to be free on the App Store.

And thanks for the tips and pointers people, I've downloaded a few apps and will also check out MS Money

germainsophie

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skyrocketapps.thebudgettracker.thebudgettracker

Thanks. Gets very poor reviews as apparently you can't edit any items already entered (even if by mistake). And you can't edit the limited list of expense categories. Shame.

BagABargain78

Thanks. Gets very poor reviews as apparently you can't edit any items … Thanks. Gets very poor reviews as apparently you can't edit any items already entered (even if by mistake). And you can't edit the limited list of expense categories. Shame.

You're welcome.

I've just installed it and not actually used it yet. Think I might go down the route of google docs/ spreadsheet. The windows money management software doesn't want to install on my machine!!

I've been burying my head under the sand for too long and really need to sort my finances out.

germainsophie

You're welcome. :)I've just installed it and not actually used it yet. … You're welcome. :)I've just installed it and not actually used it yet. Think I might go down the route of google docs/ spreadsheet. The windows money management software doesn't want to install on my machine!! I've been burying my head under the sand for too long and really need to sort my finances out.

Try the UK qfe2 version of Ms money here

garethjmsaunders.co.uk/201…ee/

Google sheets will be incredibly tedious and time consuming

https://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ms-money-2005-02-homepage.gif
    Edited by: "chocci" 24th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767146
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?77
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047072
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836

See more discussions