Found 4th Mar
After a cheap printer that can print stuff of a iPhone wi-fi wireless
Won't be used often
Cheers
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
Get a HP printer
Hp with instant ink. Some about with months of free ink so set to highest allowance then drop back to the £1.99 pm cheap plan just before trial ends. Then it's only £24 a year.. its a no brainer as they say.. I got 8 months free ink with my £40 printer
Edited by: "wayners" 4th Mar
If its not used often dont get an inkjet as the ink dries on the heads killing them, go for a laser printer, we have a dell one we have had for over 4 years now and only on the second toner set (complete set is sub £20), maybe not what some would call budget but it was still under £100 and cost of consumables soon makes it worthwhile, it also classed as a business model so came with a 3 year next day warranty where the tech guy comes to you. It has wifi and ethernet connections and there is an iphone app that works with it, its been robust and survived a 3 foot drop too. Previously due to low usage we was lucky to get a year out of inkjet printers.
Infrequent user? If so, go Laser. Still haven't used up my original toner cartridge on my ultra cheap Ricoh SP213 from a year ago. No ink jets to block up. Printer heaven!
Above model not suitable for your needs as no airprint, but something similar will be on HUKD.
airbus3301 h, 10 m ago

Infrequent user? If so, go Laser. Still haven't used up my original toner …Infrequent user? If so, go Laser. Still haven't used up my original toner cartridge on my ultra cheap Ricoh SP213 from a year ago. No ink jets to block up. Printer heaven!Above model not suitable for your needs as no airprint, but something similar will be on HUKD.

Yup. Laser is the way to go. HP are the thirstiest printers I have ever known and lack of use leads to dry print heads. If you leave it switched on, HP will solve this by running a cleaning routine that takes a substantial hit on the cartridge. All inkjets do it but HP have made it an art.

I want truly cheap. I have tried Epson, Brother, HP, Canon. I choose Brother with compatible cartridges from First Call inks who won the Which review. I have been using them for a year (no other interest in them) and have been delighted
Wont be used often means with Inkjet it will dry out the inks and frustrate you no end. Samsung (now owned by HP) do some really reliable lasers such as amazon.co.uk/Sam…KR6 price goes up and down and sometimes you can pick it up for £50-55. Have a search for samsung wireless printer on ebay or samsung wifi printer, there is usually someone selling one for half the price if you need it a bit cheaper but will do without a warranty.
harlzter16 h, 21 m ago

If its not used often dont get an inkjet as the ink dries on the heads …If its not used often dont get an inkjet as the ink dries on the heads killing them, go for a laser printer, we have a dell one we have had for over 4 years now and only on the second toner set (complete set is sub £20), maybe not what some would call budget but it was still under £100 and cost of consumables soon makes it worthwhile, it also classed as a business model so came with a 3 year next day warranty where the tech guy comes to you. It has wifi and ethernet connections and there is an iphone app that works with it, its been robust and survived a 3 foot drop too. Previously due to low usage we was lucky to get a year out of inkjet printers.

Just had to order toners for ours as one was running low, £7 each or full set for £12.99, no brainer really must have cursed it by commenting yesterday lol, oddly though its the yellow thats low, all others are 70% plus, i'm guessing I didnt change the yellow last time but I'll be damned if I remember where I stashed the unused one its been that long.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants