Buffalo BRXL-16U3-EU External Blu-ray Drive Not Detected In Windows 8.1 ?

Found 11th Mar 2015
Hi, I purchased Buffalo BRXL-16U3-EU External Blu-ray Drive from Amazon UK in October 2013. It has been working great but suddenly windows 8.1 is not able to detect this drive at all. I have tried plugging it into a different USB 3.0 port but nothing. It powers up, ejects discs, etc but nothing. No drivers came with the drive apart from Cyberlink Software Suite which is already installed.

Any suggestions?
Community Updates
7 Comments
Have you searched the manufacturers website for device driver downloads? Windows device detector is good, but not perfect.

H

Lucky815

Have you searched the manufacturers website for device driver downloads? … Have you searched the manufacturers website for device driver downloads? Windows device detector is good, but not perfect.

Hi, there are no drivers available from manufacturer's website. It suddenly stopped working.
Next step would be to test it on another computer, to make sure the drive isn't faulty.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 11th Mar 2015

SUMMONER

Next step would be to test it on another computer, to make sure the drive … Next step would be to test it on another computer, to make sure the drive isn't faulty.

I have already done that but the result is the same.
jamilayz

I have already done that but the result is the same.

In that case it is time to ask Amazon for a replacement drive.
try a diff cable ?
It was perfectly working & suddenly disappeared from my PC. I have tried all sorts but nothing. Amazon are stating that I need to contact the Manufacturer as the device was purchased in October 2013 but it did came with a two year warranty.

I have updated my description above as I thought I purchased it in October 2014. My fault....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions