Groups

Buffet Food Ideas?

Can anyone help with buffet food ideas, ive written sandwiches quiches etc but now my minds gone blank.

Thank you to all replies, it really will help me!

32 Comments

cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, cheese and pineapple, scotch eggs, pitta bread and dips, salad cut for dipping cucumber cherry tomatoes etc, pickled onions, coleslaw, potato salad

Banned

Chicken
    wedges
    vol au vants
    sausage roll
    pork pie
    sandwiches
    crisps
    nuts
    Quiche
    Cheese

IF you want to go all out then you have to do cheese and pineapple sticks

pork pies, scotch eggs, pizza, bread sticks and dips, crisps, cheese and pickle on sticks, sausage on sticks, volavants, bowl of salad, selection of meats, chicken legs, tray of salad with prawn cocktail on, my mum does a very good buffet trying to think of what things she does lol

Ohhh - cheese and pineapple all the way for me!

Indian starters always go well, samosas bhajis etc

Banned

the porter;4049156

pasties preferably greenhalghes

WTF???

Sounds like something you catch

a big bowl full of mixed crisps

the porter;4049242

dont tell me youve never had a greenhalghes pastie?

I have...and the doctor gave me some cream and told me to wear a condom the next time :w00t:

BERNARD MATTHEWS MINI KIEVS (ftw).

akme;4049208

a big bowl full of mixed crisps

I hate it when they mix crisps, there is always a flavour you don't like and you can't tell which ones which. :x

greg_68;4049263

I hate it when they mix crisps, there is always a flavour you don't like … I hate it when they mix crisps, there is always a flavour you don't like and you can't tell which ones which. :x

I just lick them until i find the ones i like, putting the rest back in the bowl of course!!!:thumbsup:

dont forget the trifle.

Captain Hook's top tips for a posh party.

Cut the sanwiches into triangles
    Put the cheese and pineapple cocktail sticks into an orange, or for a really posh party cover the orange in tin foil ..

dont forget the twiglets and ritz crackers

;-)

duckmagicuk2;4049251

ducks been to Iceland :whistling:

do a salad bowl or 2, rice salad, leaf salad

deli meats plate

satay chicken (on skewers)

fresh baguettes sliced up (real butter......not artifical nonsense lol)

duckmagicuk2;4049251

God they're good!!:thumbsup:

Not read all of the other replies, but I find the following is good (oh and I am veggie, so no ideas for meat unfortunately!). Always go down well at our buffets and people seem to really enjoy them

Baked Potatoes (cut them before you wrap them up in tinfoil and put them in the oven - makes it easier when putting them out)
    Mini Pizzas/pizza fingers
    Garlic Bread
    Veggie nuggets/dippers (Can get them frozen from sainsburys)
    Sausage rolls (we use veggie!)
    Hot dogs (we use veggie!) - good quick hot food to do
    Burger on a bun (we use veggie!) - also good quick hot food
    Corn on the Cob - again, hot food that is quick to do
    Big bowl of Salad
    Indian Snack Selection (onion bhajis, veg samosas etc)
    Potato Skins or wedges
    Cold pasta and sauce
    Crisps
    Olives/dips/coleslaw/potato salad etc

Sandwiches - Good to put a selection of fillings on one plate (cheese, meats, egg mayonnaise etc) and then bread rolls/slices of crusty bread on another so that people can make their own using the salad and different ingredients. People can also just take a slice of meat/cheese/bread if prefered.

just go to iceland and have a look n the freezers!

nono2522;4049665

just go to iceland and have a look n the freezers!

Op looking to feed them not kill em.

greg_68;4049676

Op looking to feed them not kill em.

lol

the porter;4049156

pasties preferably greenhalghes ,

its a greater manchester thing...... kinda like black peas and hollands pies. :thumbsup:

get some soft cheese like philadephia, mix it with chives, a bit of garlic if it takes ya fancy... and a dollop of mayo to loosen the cheese a bit... then get some granary bread (not plain, seeded is best) cut off the crusts and chop in half. Spread with the cheese mixture, roll it up and wrap it in bacon, stick a cocktail stick through it to keep it together... whack it in t'oven, yum yum pigs bum!

MinstrelMan;4049704

its a greater manchester thing...... kinda like black peas and hollands … its a greater manchester thing...... kinda like black peas and hollands pies. :thumbsup:

Is it ??

I've never had black peas in my life..lol

Pasty wise,Sayers,Traditional pasty mmmmmmmmm:thumbsup:

and you're from greater manchester all your life?

For a good selection - I would get hold of the Finger Food Selection produced by the Australian Womans Weekly. (£2.99 ish) Great ideas and glossy pics - allegedly :oops:

Most of the stuff is really easy to do but maybe just a bit different to volauvents, sausage rolls and cheese/pinapple on a stick.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/0c/77/913e_2.JPG

MinstrelMan;4050073

and you're from greater manchester all your life?

Aside from 3 years,yes:thumbsup:

mini sausages,sausage rolls, pastie,salad, pringles, crisps,pickles,crackers,celery,carrot sticks,coleslaw,dips,cheese in squares,savoury rice, fresh fruit, grapes, pizza in bite size pieces, tuna pasta,biscuits, twiglets,rice crispy cakes........................i'm hungry now.........!

the porter;4050620

Sayers just a cheap substitute for a pastie, greenhalghes there is no … Sayers just a cheap substitute for a pastie, greenhalghes there is no finer pastie and while your there buy there homemade mushroom soup, if heaven tasted of soup it would be greenhaghes mushroom, LOL at the vegie

I don't know where there are any,mostly Martin's or Sayers here.

I'm in North Manc

vol au vents = any filling

I meant on my doorstep,..lol

I've never noticed them in shopping parades like Bury though ,i dont go there often and i'm not brave enough to visit Salford.

I cant believe you posted a list,good effort

choc1969;4049559

do a salad bowl or 2, rice salad, leaf saladdeli meats platesatay chicken … do a salad bowl or 2, rice salad, leaf saladdeli meats platesatay chicken (on skewers)fresh baguettes sliced up (real butter......not artifical nonsense lol)

oh aye!!!! gotta be real butter, none of that "scrape" rubbish,..........oooh! and dough balls are nice :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions