Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

bug suspect

Posted 2nd May
3454938-LbT8t.jpg
so I believe this bug is a carpet bug, looks like it.

I only see one or two upstairs on the curtain net once a week and no other signs, I remembering when I first moved in a year ago I seen one in bedroom but I hovver regularly now,

now I only see one or two once a week always in window side upstairs, do you think it just normal bug infestation,as in there certain level of bugs in house or concern.

I don't have no pets but I believe Person before me didz tho I did get carpet clean before I moved.

and most of stuff is man made materials I believe.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Looks like one of those oddly colours ladybugs to me but it isn't the best of pictures
I can't see it very clearly but it looks very much like something I have in my house.

The ones in my house are black and grey striped, quite small.

In my previous house I remember one season I didn't open the windows much because of fear of wasps and all that stuff and that time I would see these a lot. Mostly on the window sill but in other places too. Once I started opening the windows, they decreased.

Then I moved house and I see them in this house too but very infrequently. So sometimes on the bathroom window sill or something. I'll just come across one here and there. Not enough to be a concern thankfully.
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 2nd May
Looks like carpet beetle to me. We see the odd one , usually on an upstairs window ledge, think they are drawn by the light. They seem to be around for two or three weeks and then that's it until next spring. Haven't tracked down where they are living but think it could be the loft. Don't think they are doing any harm.
nadhaw02/05/2020 19:01

Looks like one of those oddly colours ladybugs to me but it isn't the best …Looks like one of those oddly colours ladybugs to me but it isn't the best of pictures

that's what I thought at first but couldn't find one all black and few spots and looking closely I seen one, tho I seen a lavaveeon when of them plush warm up bears at the top ,it been down side where dusty for while and was on top of hair,
notalwaysright1902/05/2020 19:02

I can't see it very clearly but it looks very much like something I have …I can't see it very clearly but it looks very much like something I have in my house. The ones in my house are black and grey striped, quite small. In my previous house I remember one season I didn't open the windows much because of fear of wasps and all that stuff and that time I would see these a lot. Mostly on the window sill but in other places too. Once I started opening the windows, they decreased. Then I moved house and I see them in this house too but very infrequently. So sometimes on the bathroom window sill or something. I'll just come across one here and there. Not enough to be a concern thankfully.

that's where I seen them most in bathroom, where window open most, don't see loads just one or two on windstill, tho I just seen on on just bed I just tidy so probably flew up or came off in garden as I just been out
yorkie1202/05/2020 19:27

Looks like carpet beetle to me. We see the odd one , usually on an …Looks like carpet beetle to me. We see the odd one , usually on an upstairs window ledge, think they are drawn by the light. They seem to be around for two or three weeks and then that's it until next spring. Haven't tracked down where they are living but think it could be the loft. Don't think they are doing any harm.

yea that's the same, I don't see ten at time, just odd one up stairs, Never downstairs, one just came out on net after tidying up, but I open window and sun going down
so nothing to worry about at moment,
I see you can get spray for it,but not sure where to spray
I have no access to roof loft so have no idea what it looks like, probably a horror up there
but looking at Amazon there look bigger and slightly different, we have to get another photo up on next one
so I just found some larvae in corner of new carpet, think left over from old carpet that use to lay there
but it's cheap carpet
Pricklerickle02/05/2020 20:38

I see you can get spray for it,but not sure where to spray

We had some carpet larvae quite a few years ago in one of the bedrooms, the carpet had some natural fibres in it, but looked completely fine, until I moved the oak bedside cabinets, and found that the larvae had munched through the carpets where the plinths of the cabinets sat on the carpet. I think they'd also eaten the carpet under some of the bed casters and where one of the headboard supports was touching the carpet too.
Edited by: "melted" 2nd May
Looks like a Russian Death Watch Beetle
Do not leave it home alone and definitely hide any vodka.
Oka so deffo carpet bugs and found the larva, my guess left over from old carpet,dusty when went out in January, , and the bugs are trying to escape
40618800-UnhTe.jpg
I got this so gonna spray around ,
Every few months, use a vacuum attachment and high setting vac the edges of carpets.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 3rd May
harrythefish03/05/2020 10:03

Every few months, use a vacuum attachment and high setting vac the edges …Every few months, use a vacuum attachment and high setting vac the edges of carpets.

yea, I just hooved the sides, and gonna get spray, must be from old carpet, as this is new caperet laid in Feb, and called value twist , so gotta be all man made martiels, the carpet it replaced,had dog hairs from last ppl, very old,stained and when took up, the carpet backing all failing apart, .

when I moved in last year I had all carpets clean tho there said there struggle with that old capert as thin and no underlay and couldn't get stain out , and when I moved in I noticed a quite a few dead around bathroom window still, but first assumed just lady bugs and only happend for bit around this time, and then didn't seem to bad, so must of had them for year, but all my rugs seem to be Polly, , there two carpets upto don't seem bad never shown signs of eaten just a bug or two I might see a year on them, I see them all in window still.

yesterday was first-time I seen larva but first time proper looking, wasnt none when carpet firsts was laid the new ones so must of waken up, I checked edges with other carpet and found nothing.

on the plus side I now own 3 Hoover's .

one old but powerful 2200 war vax Hoover that good suction as you will see it pull carpet, I Hoover with that once a week but of course never the edges so will start to do that.

I have a hoover cordless freedom hoover, which I go around everyday , which Oka at picking up dirt at top of carpet. being light weight means I can go over all rooms in ten mins.

and now I purchase a robot vacuum, cause I always fancied one, but the cheap red ones looked rubbish for 60 ISH quid and a eufy with 13500 pa for 125 came on offer and ppl said it good so thought good time to get one.

that will be upstairs, working hard .

and after all these I found a bug downstairs tho never seen it before so I believe one off, black bug, probably from garden but it keeps me on guard as I like a clean house.

but on the other good news I started to see my favourite spiders and only spider I like , as I had a few in my old flat and never had major bug problem,the dandy long leg spider, Which don't look scary but eat other bugs and spiders
well hoovered sides,got my self little robot and gave it a good spray with bug spray
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions