Groups

Build a beach

I'm looking to build a beach for a community event, you've probably seen them in the big cities i know Nottingham, Birmingham, London, Paris and others have all had one. In some cases they've been really popular and come back year after year.
    I think my little town could have one too and i although i have been in touch with builders merchants, i really need some more advice.

I'm guessing i need reasonable quality sand as children will be in it. What kind?
    I think a beach around 5 x 5 metre's, but how much sand would i need for that?
    If it rains what kind of underlay would i need so it doesnt become flooded and doesnt kill the grass underneath?

please shout if you can give me any advice!
    thanks

3 Comments

I would have thought Silver sand would be your best option, doesn't stain and is cheaper than playsand.
    How long are you having the event for, if it is over a week a or so the grass will die underneath regardless of underlay or not, grass needs sunlight.

but it'll grow back if watered.
    A festival that was cancelled from a cornish beach moved to Port Lympne zoo and built a beach in a field, nice idea, the sand looked like ordinary orange builders sand to me.

Original Poster

Yeah weekend long event, so hopeful minimal damage. I think it would take something between quality play sand and rough building sand
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044549
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28107

See more discussions