Builders / Gardeners need advice please

Posted 16th Aug 2020
Any Builders or Landscape Gardeners around I would like some advice please.

I have a small patio area from my house then the garden which is around 3 feet above the ground separated by a small wall and some steps.

With us now spending more and more time at home I would like to extend my patio area by another 3 to 4 feet.

This would involve removing the wall and steps, digging the garden and installing a new wall and steps for the smaller garden.

I realise this is a bit of work but don't know how much and cost. Anyone have any ideas?

Who would I normally need to contact builder or gardener?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Probably best to contact a builder, as you’re removing part of the garden and a wall, then building a new one. Gardener likely won’t do that.
Any good handyman would do that no problem. You can do it in timber
41679246-1s4Dj.jpg
Or stone/ brick
41679246-5FVCZ.jpg
Post the job on MyBuilder and get a few quotes. You are not under any obligation. Also you can have a look at what other jobs they have done to asses workmanship etc.

mybuilder.com/pos…c=1
Hacked16/08/2020 16:58

Post the job on MyBuilder and get a few quotes. You are not under any …Post the job on MyBuilder and get a few quotes. You are not under any obligation. Also you can have a look at what other jobs they have done to asses workmanship etc.https://www.mybuilder.com/postajob/questions/trade?category=landscape-gardeners&adgroup_id=landscape-gardeners-Find-Landscape-Gardeners-st&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9s7GmIug6wIVh63tCh0R4AK0EAAYASACEgI6F_D_BwE&_evc=1

Thanks never thought of that.
Diggsy16/08/2020 16:50

Probably best to contact a builder, as you’re removing part of the garden a …Probably best to contact a builder, as you’re removing part of the garden and a wall, then building a new one. Gardener likely won’t do that.

Cheers.
I would contact a landscape gardener - they do that sort of thing all the time.
Its hard work but worth doing the ground work your self. Building a wall is easy if you then use beading and render it. Depending on how much 'retaining' it will do, you may want some footings. Timber is good and you can re-do the job in 5-10 years time when it rots or you hate the sight of it If you think its a serious retaining wall, find a local Structural engineer who will come for a chat. Ive found a good local one who just charged me £60 to confirm a wall was not structural. Now, when I knock it out, if the house falls down, the insurer will cover it.

The job cost is based on days (200pd pp avg), skips (150), materials (? but you can work it out), local house values, value and age of cars on the drive, what you look like you can afford, how much of a mug you are and just how the salesman is.
Post a comment
@
    Text