Builders/Plumbers/Electricians - What work trousers do you wear?

Found 1st May 2016
So i need some good work trousers, hard wearing and with many pockets. I would normally use jeans but am fed up with them as they are restrictive and uncomfortable. I don't mind spending some cash on them providing i get one which aren't going to fall apart.

Any help/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskTrousers
12 Comments
The scruffs range at screwfix are a good price and mine have lasted ages
One thing to also bear in mind is that some workwear is on the "generous" side, regarding sizing. Therefore, you may find your normal waist size will be too big in workwear. I was a 33/34" but I have a 30" in work trousers and they are still 'roomy' as they say!

Also, remember that work trousers sometimes come with 'kneelers' in the knees. Some people don't mind (and of course use kneeler pads) but others don't like the excess fabric. They can be beggars to iron too. Hehe.

One last thing: Pockets. I'm sure I don't need to tell you - get trousers with deep side pockets unless you love losing all the contents EVERY time you get in a vehicle! I had some once that were so shallow, I actually sewed Velcro into them to seal the pockets shut.

Best regards, Phsy.
Dickies and scruffs
Scruffs, Snickers, or portwest Arizona. Go for the muilti pockets and stay from the budget range. Look on eBay as plenty of people list clearance and incorrect sized purchases.
Phsycronix

One thing to also bear in mind is that some workwear is on the "generous" … One thing to also bear in mind is that some workwear is on the "generous" side, regarding sizing. Therefore, you may find your normal waist size will be too big in workwear. I was a 33/34" but I have a 30" in work trousers and they are still 'roomy' as they say!Also, remember that work trousers sometimes come with 'kneelers' in the knees. Some people don't mind (and of course use kneeler pads) but others don't like the excess fabric. They can be beggars to iron too. Hehe.One last thing: Pockets. I'm sure I don't need to tell you - get trousers with deep side pockets unless you love losing all the contents EVERY time you get in a vehicle! I had some once that were so shallow, I actually sewed Velcro into them to seal the pockets shut.Best regards, Phsy.

Excellent tips there! Many thanks for replying.
Some great ideas and far more examples than i thought existed. Lots to research so thanks to all who have replied!
Blaklader are great, snickers and mascot have also been decent.
I use Dickies for the pockets they have, three side waist pockets either side, a deep zipped one, a medium and a shorter zipped one plus a large zipped side pocket on right leg plus a narrow one for ruler or pens etc. Pay about £15 for them a they wear well and wash well, wouldn't know about ironing though as I've never felt the need to bother.
I have had some from aldi they wash well and dont shrink in the dryer, overall good for a tenner
I make my own knee pads from the think white sponge like packaging you see around a lot these days. Better fit and free. I find the knee pads can be in wrong place on some trousers plus the stiching can come apart. Just a case of finding what you like and buying plenty. Dickies stuff is poor these days.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants