Expired

Building a PC, best places to buy components?

6 replies
Found 25th Oct 2006
im building a pc/pvr and would like to know the best place to buy each of the components for it. Iv been looking at the likes of overclockers and ebuyers, but im not sure what to go for. this is my checklist:

[LIST]
[*]Motherboard
[*]Case
[*]CPU
[*]Memory
[*]Hardrive
[*]GPU
[/LIST]

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

1. Ask
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PC
7 Comments

mickyc1

im building a pc/pvr and would like to know the best place to buy each of … im building a pc/pvr and would like to know the best place to buy each of the components for it. Iv been looking at the likes of overclockers and ebuyers, but im not sure what to go for. this is my checklist:[LIST][*]Motherboard[*]Case[*]CPU[*]Memory[*]Hardrive[*]GPU[/LIST]thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Ebuyer is the best place for pc parts :thumbsup:

]scan.co.uk is not a bad place, especially customer services.

mchu6am4

]www.scan.co.uk is not a bad place, especially customer services.

i second that, recently purchased a graphics card through them and the service was impeccable. They even send a text to your mobile as soon as the item has been collected from them by CityLink. Top banana :thumbsup:

theres no best place, as different parts will be slightly cheaper at different places.

try ]ebuyer.com or ]overclockers.co.uk or ]dabs.com

for heavier components (e.g. case / PSU) collect at your local store from places such as ]pcworld.co.uk or your local computer shop

Original Poster

cheers guys, rep added all round :thumbsup:

I've just been on ]dabs.com ..haven't been on there for ages byt their prices are certainly competitive...and you get 5% quidco.

Others I llike are ]savastore.co.uk and ]microdirect.co.uk both have 3% quidco.

markwills

try [url]www.ebuyer.com[/url] or [url]www.overclockers.co.uk[/url] or … try [url]www.ebuyer.com[/url] or [url]www.overclockers.co.uk[/url] or [url]www.dabs.com[/url]

i buy from overclockers.co.uk
good quality stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564111
    2. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine58
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.69
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2688

See more discussions