Groups

Building a pc help with prices please

Hi i only have £350 to spend on a new pc unit,i was wondering what sort of specs i would get with thst money,are there any good deals on pre built pcs base units at the moment?

thanks

7 Comments

I drooled over ]this pc for days, having read the comments upgrading the psu is a good idea, and adding a graffic card.

Could probably do it for about £300 all together, providing you don't need anything other than the tower of course. Oh and there's no OS including, maybe pick up one of the deals for windows 7

The big questionis games or video encoding, Games = dual core ,Video encoding = quad core ,

Original Poster

Would be playing games but I would like a quad core if possible

the thing is you can get a Dual core PC that is good at games for £350 or you can get a quad core that is good at video for £350 ,But if you want a quad core that is good at games you are looking nearer £500,

If you really want a quad core and be able to play games you wont be able to beat this
    hotukdeals.com/ite…-p/

I just updated mine (Mobo, CPU, Graphics, Memory, PSU) for just shy of £300...

Running XP64, games all running at high detail (1280x1024) with no issues.

Dual Core P4, GTS 250, 4GB RAM.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/ebuyerorder.jpg

It looks like from the reviews of the board that it's now shipping with the SB710 southbridge which has the advantage of Adanced Clock Calibration - you may be able to turn the X2 550 into a triple or even quad core if you get a 'good' chip.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206570
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions