Building a PC Need Help!

Found 16th Oct 2017
Anyone know a good graphics card in the £200-£250 price range. Something that's going to last a while that's actually decent.

I'm planning on buying an I5 7600 if that's any help. Cause the Pc build is around £600

Thanks,
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
deleted1597344
If you can increase your budget a little £280-£300 then a GTX 1060 card will be achievable. It may be worth hanging off for a few weeks, with Black Friday round the corner you never know.
Edited by: "deleted1597344" 17th Oct 2017
RX-480 is solid card.
Tough choice, I would go for a GTX 1060 3GB as a budget choice but if you're thinking of doing VR you need a GTX 1070 up.

I would stay away from AMD till devs stop using gameworks so much.
I was going to get the RX 480 Asus 8gb but after your advice I'm assuming it's not a good idea.
A.Y.C1 h, 0 m ago

I was going to get the RX 480 Asus 8gb but after your advice I'm assuming …I was going to get the RX 480 Asus 8gb but after your advice I'm assuming it's not a good idea.

Not unless you're a massive fan of Ashes of the singularity. I think Amd are just too expensive due to mining so the only bonus is freesync.
A.Y.C1 h, 19 m ago

I was going to get the RX 480 Asus 8gb but after your advice I'm assuming …I was going to get the RX 480 Asus 8gb but after your advice I'm assuming it's not a good idea.

I disagree, it's nVidia cards that are a poor idea at this level due to the significant premium you pay for G-sync screens.
Well......I'm not sure now. If I can boost my budget to around £280 what would be the best graphics card. I've been having a look at the 1060s but really still have know idea
Also do any of you know if there's an actual benefit to getting the founders edition of the 1060 other than the look.
EndlessWaves19 m ago

I disagree, it's nVidia cards that are a poor idea at this level due to …I disagree, it's nVidia cards that are a poor idea at this level due to the significant premium you pay for G-sync screens.

I think most people tend not to game over 60Hz so don't have massive screen tearing issues. You don't need to buy the tech but it's a nice addon I guess.
kester7658 m ago

I think most people tend not to game over 60Hz so don't have massive …I think most people tend not to game over 60Hz so don't have massive screen tearing issues. You don't need to buy the tech but it's a nice addon I guess.

The tearing is a minor bonus, it's the extra smoothness that's the big benefit.
6gb gtx1060's are often £220 and have been £200, check the deals section, mine was £155 open box from amazon warehouse when they did the 20% off.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 18th Oct 2017
EndlessWaves13 h, 21 m ago

The tearing is a minor bonus, it's the extra smoothness that's the big …The tearing is a minor bonus, it's the extra smoothness that's the big benefit.

Doesn't it just enable dynamic refresh rates on the monitor ?
kester761 m ago

Doesn't it just enable dynamic refresh rates on the monitor ?

Yeah, but the result of dynamic refresh rates is that motion looks smoother and more realistic.
EndlessWaves3 h, 13 m ago

Yeah, but the result of dynamic refresh rates is that motion looks …Yeah, but the result of dynamic refresh rates is that motion looks smoother and more realistic.

In theory but in reality if your framerate drops too much you are going to get a lovely slideshow as it will just keep displaying the last full frame until the GPU can render a new full frame. It annoys me a bit as the tech should be in the graphics card and the monitor should just have a option of taking a sync and data from the GPU. I can't understand why the unit is so expensive.
kester761 h, 16 m ago

In theory but in reality if your framerate drops too much you are going to …In theory but in reality if your framerate drops too much you are going to get a lovely slideshow as it will just keep displaying the last full frame until the GPU can render a new full frame. It annoys me a bit as the tech should be in the graphics card and the monitor should just have a option of taking a sync and data from the GPU. I can't understand why the unit is so expensive.

It's not an expensive tech, freescreen screens have no premium over the models they replaced.

And sure, it won't magically make a 15fps signal playable, but it's a noticable improvement at 35, 40, 45fps.
EndlessWaves2 h, 29 m ago

It's not an expensive tech, freescreen screens have no premium over the …It's not an expensive tech, freescreen screens have no premium over the models they replaced.And sure, it won't magically make a 15fps signal playable, but it's a noticable improvement at 35, 40, 45fps.

I'm talking about g-sync being expensive for what it is. Freesync is pretty good but same issue with low framerates stuttering.

Just checked online though and looks like a lot of new Freesync monitors now support LFC. Gonna do some more research
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants