Groups

Building a small deck at the back of our house - Advice

Looking at putting some decking a the back of our house, it's only roughly 8ft X 14 ft.

I've never done this before and was looking for some advive on how to go about it.

What size wood would be best to make the frame and how do i build it (fixings etc)? how do i secure it to the house

I've had a quick look online for some guides but couldn't really find anyhting usefull.

Any help appreciated and will rep anyone who gives helpful advice.

10 Comments

Hard to say as peoples choices are different but if you go to somewhere like Wickes they have 'How To' guides on how to do it free instore.

May even be online.........worth a look

Syzable;4676358

Hard to say as peoples choices are different but if you go to somewhere … Hard to say as peoples choices are different but if you go to somewhere like Wickes they have 'How To' guides on how to do it free instore. :)May even be online.........worth a look

They are online in pdf format :thumbsup:

Link to download here

wickes.co.uk/pca…ber

You may find it easier to start with the hull and put the deck on after!

Original Poster

thanks everyone:thumbsup:

Cheers Barney.........couldn't be bothered to look. :oops: lol

dcx_badass;4676393

Be careful about Rats, they love living under decking.

Agree with this neighbours have decking and we had rats galore last year. Its an ideal living/breeding space for them.

I had to lift ours and re-pack underneath with hardcore because of rats. Had a thread about it last year.

5757alan;4678475

I had to lift ours and re-pack underneath with hardcore because of rats. … I had to lift ours and re-pack underneath with hardcore because of rats. Had a thread about it last year.

OMG never heard of that before:w00t:

5757alan;4678475

I had to lift ours and re-pack underneath with hardcore because of rats. … I had to lift ours and re-pack underneath with hardcore because of rats. Had a thread about it last year.

Here's the thread
    hotukdeals.com/for…982

dcx_badass;4676393

Be careful about Rats, they love living under decking.

Good thinking, remember to pick up a cat or a python at wickes as well!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions