Groups

building a website for dummies( thats me)

Banned
    i have a domain name and would like to set up a website to advertise my buisness
    anyone used any web packages that are good
    what sort of price
    any advice would be glady recieved
    thsnk

7 Comments

What kind of website are you looking at? i.e. a simple design with links and a page to email you? or a more complex website?

I work in IT myself so if I feel I am able to do it, I'll happily make you one :thumbsup:

ChrisTheNinja;7850233

What kind of website are you looking at? i.e. a simple design with links … What kind of website are you looking at? i.e. a simple design with links and a page to email you? or a more complex website?I work in IT myself so if I feel I am able to do it, I'll happily make you one :thumbsup:

How nice are you!

Paws_Pup;7850254

How nice are you!

Too nice :-D

Original Poster Banned

simple will do
    then how much does it cost to get on page 1 google

herewego123456;7850302

simple will do then how much does it cost to get on page 1 google

dreamhost.com/lim…tml

£5.71 or so for a .com domain and 1 whole year "unlimited" hosting!
    BARGAIN

Also I need someone to help design a website I have it all set up with the hosting etc. just don't have the time :thumbsup:

I'm afraid im not too sure about google, I thought they use "crawlers" to search for key words and that you cant actually pay to be in the search results? I may be (very) wrong

edit: Quick google search displays this: google.com/sup…397

ChrisTheNinja;7850334

I'm afraid im not too sure about google, I thought they use "crawlers" to … I'm afraid im not too sure about google, I thought they use "crawlers" to search for key words and that you cant actually pay to be in the search results? I may be (very) wrong edit: Quick google search displays this: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34397

It's all about the meta tags, your site content, even the home page title affects your index ranking.

If you want to have your site come up as number 1 for "london windows" for instance, it will take a lot of work I would think to bump your rank up due to the generalisation of it. Can be very costly to get professionals to do it for you.

Here we go, search engine optimisation guide from Google: google.com/web…pdf

Just had a quick skim through that PDF and it actually is pretty good. I'll look at it more when I finally do some more work on the website I'm making at the moment (it's on the back burner due to uni work).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions