Groups

building dvd duplicator in desktop pc help?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to build a dvd duplicator in a normal desktop?

I mean - I have a main dvd writer in there at the moment. I plan to add two more dvd writers into the reaming 5.25 bays.

Then use Nero to then burn onto multi drives at one time (well thats what Nero says)
    Main question - the contents I want to burn - will they be via the computer hdd and burn via the nero software into 3 writers (making 3 discs at once)?

I am unsure, if thats how it works!

I can't find much into on it on the net

any advice please

5 Comments

I have an ide dvd duplicator controller here somewhere. Its 1 in, 7 out as far as I can remember. It has an lcd display and fits in a 3.5" bay.

Original Poster

mickrick

I have an ide dvd duplicator controller here somewhere. Its 1 in, 7 out … I have an ide dvd duplicator controller here somewhere. Its 1 in, 7 out as far as I can remember. It has an lcd display and fits in a 3.5" bay.

Hi mately,

Hope you are well, will be sorting out a pickup shortly as the hols were playing havoc with a booking slot and with us in and out of the house, was not going to chance it.

Wow a IDE controller - how will that work/fit in a newer desktop with sata fixings?

Its for a specially designed duplication tower case. You could maybe use ide to sata converters with it as well. I'll throw it in the package for you.

Original Poster

top man, will help for a school cd print run, will rig something up as got 700cds to make and give out!!!!

For the time and effort is it not better to get it done by a burning service? You can work out the cost on somewhere like edithouse.co.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions