Groups

buildings insurance ?

got a problem with a wall which is connected to the house, asked the insurance and they stated that degradation over time is not covered, is this true ?

do we only pay it if there is a subsidence, fire, or act of god!

?

5 Comments

I'm not sure insurance covers lack of maintainance?

Original Poster

radiocde;5174676

I'm not sure insurance covers lack of maintainance?

what if the walls of your house become damaged or crumble over time, does that mean its up to you to rebuild ?

kronas;5174697

what if the walls of your house become damaged or crumble over time, does … what if the walls of your house become damaged or crumble over time, does that mean its up to you to rebuild ?

yes,

Insurance companies do not cover for wear and tear, which is basically old age. Insurance is there for accidental damage, fire, theft etc, things like that.

If you've got a wall that's old and crumbling and needs repairing, then that's down to you I'm afraid, not an insurance issue.

kronas;5174697

what if the walls of your house become damaged or crumble over time, does … what if the walls of your house become damaged or crumble over time, does that mean its up to you to rebuild ?

It is not a maintainance contract it is insurnce against accident. Not neglect.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp23
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281979
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions