Bulb Energy

Posted 29th Apr
Looking to switch energy to bulb, does anyone have them what are they like or is everything mainly done online? How long did it take to switch to them? etc

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
darksideby18229/04/2020 11:39

Comment deleted

This is a referral link and shouldnt be shared.

Bulb are very good ive been with them for 2 years, they are cheap and renewable. (granted you can find cheaper but still service/ renewable/ price make it an all round winner)
If Buld prices go down I would join them again in a heart beat.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 29th Apr
bigwheels29/04/2020 11:48

If Buld prices go down I would join them again in a heart beat.

They did 3 weeks ago
I have been with them now for over a year. Many grumbles on the "Bulb" discussion forum regarding CS but personally I have had ZERO problems all the way through. Switching was an absolute breeze (loads of communication to keep you informed of progress) and sending readings via "MyAccount" is a doddle. They send you an Email reminder (although it always says send a reading in about three months?) each month and you just log in and bang em' through. Takes seconds. They do; of course; install Gen2 Smart Meters but I have resisted as they have had MANY, MANY issues with these. You only need to read some of the problems people are reporting to judge the scope of the problem.

The only worry I have currently is that Bulb were small - then they got A LOT bigger and subsequently running a huge debt model - and NOW they are taking on the customer base of yet another supplier that went bust, so will get even bigger! This; I fear; will lead to an even more thinly stretched energy company that may buckle under the strain. I hope I'm wrong...

Also,
I know got the email telling us, But was still not a good price.
Just checked with Uswitch and Bulb are £87.79 more on my years readings.
Eon are £3.00 more but insist on smart meter fitting.
Holgmaster29/04/2020 12:01

Comment deleted

Another referral link that shouldnt be on here.

OCtopus energy took over from my energy company a few years ago, had to take them to court to get my money back. Shambles outfit.
Changed to Bulb over a year ago. Very good company. Meter readings put in every month so you always know where you are. Would recommend.
we joined bulb about 6 months ago and have had a real headache from them. their estimated bills are too high and they keep harassing us for payment, not listening to our complaint that the bills are too high.

they are very agressive and their customer service is non existent. so they are fine if you never need to speak to them but if you ever do, they never answer the phone and only deal with email enquiries but they don't deal with issues. i will be avoiding them in future as they are not a good company if you ever have anything you need them to sort out.
do a comparison, bulb arent even in the top ten for us any more.
eslick29/04/2020 14:15

do a comparison, bulb arent even in the top ten for us any more.

I have but was going mainly for the standing charge and no exit fees
cliosport6529/04/2020 14:16

I have but was going mainly for the standing charge and no exit fees

there are plenty of others with no exit fees and just because they are cheap on the standing doesnt mean there are overall cheap. Just go with whoever is cheaper and dont fall for the reviews out there as most are just after the referral fee, some people are making a lot of money out of them.
eslick29/04/2020 14:17

there are plenty of others with no exit fees and just because they are …there are plenty of others with no exit fees and just because they are cheap on the standing doesnt mean there are overall cheap. Just go with whoever is cheaper and dont fall for the reviews out there as most are just after the referral fee, some people are making a lot of money out of them.

It's for an unoccupied rental property I have at the moment, that's why
We've moved to Green Energy from E.On and are extremely happy with the service we've received so far and the difference in price.
mutley129/04/2020 13:57

we joined bulb about 6 months ago and have had a real headache from them. …we joined bulb about 6 months ago and have had a real headache from them. their estimated bills are too high and they keep harassing us for payment, not listening to our complaint that the bills are too high.they are very agressive and their customer service is non existent. so they are fine if you never need to speak to them but if you ever do, they never answer the phone and only deal with email enquiries but they don't deal with issues. i will be avoiding them in future as they are not a good company if you ever have anything you need them to sort out.

Maybe put a meter reading in so you are not on estimated bills.
Yes I recommend bulb mainly online better & cheaper than edf I was with.I send meter readings each month to them, no problem with them.
we've had bulb for 12 months we put reading in once a month , have had no problems at all . we've also saved a lot of money. if an existing customer refers you they get £ 50. highly recomended.
r.soul29/04/2020 16:49

we've had bulb for 12 months we put reading in once a month , have had no …we've had bulb for 12 months we put reading in once a month , have had no problems at all . we've also saved a lot of money. if an existing customer refers you they get £ 50. highly recomended.

Yes there's links from existing customers you can find on the web well worth doing for the £50 credit!
been with Bulb about 2 years and never had a problem. there are slightly cheaper companies (at least whenever I compare) but Bulb are good
darksideby18229/04/2020 14:44

Maybe put a meter reading in so you are not on estimated bills.

i do, but they ignore the meter readings and estimate their own!

i am not the only one with issues, here are a list of other people with problems

reviews.io/com…ulb
Edited by: "mutley1" 29th Apr
Was with Bulb for almost two years and no problems.They are however no longer the cheapest , so I would advise you to double check prices before transferring, Bulb have recently reduced it's Gas prices after holding it up all winter, and it's still more expensive than many others, at the same time they increased their electricity rates. I have saved £120 per year transferring to BG from Bulb.
I’m with Bulb. Their app is perfect for meter readings and contacting customer service. I have had no issues with Bulb and been with them for a year now.
Edited by: "The_Warns" 29th Apr
Beware when you leave. Although Bulb requested my readings each month, when I transferred to another cheaper supplier they estimated my closing readings. When I submitted the correct ones they said it was too late because it had been approved by some official body and couldn’t be changed. They robbed me of over £70 and the funny thing is I am paying for energy with my new supplier that I had already paid bulb for!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions