Bulb energy supplier (do not share referrals)

Posted 1st Jun
Thinking of switching to Bulb energy anyone out there with them ? and do you recommend them ?
many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I recommend them happy with there service.
I was with them until last month. They have recently changed their pricing . There standing charges are quite high , also they take payments in advance .So I did a quick check and compared to other suppliers and found eon were cheaper for me . Bulb customer service are good and they don’t have exit fees .
I was with them until 3 months ago, Due to pricing ie not going down at time of switching BG Eon and one other big 6 were cheaper than bulb.
I dig not go big 6 as dont want to be forced into having smart meters fitted.
The best price for me was Avro energy, fixed for a year no exit fees and do warm home discount.
So far switched no issues, only called once and answered in 30 seconds and upped direct debit for me.
10 out of 10 from me.
If you go with bulb look on ebay or online for referrals as are offering £75 for you by giving £25 of their referral.

40936991-BITXx.jpg
Edited by: "bigwheels" 1st Jun
Many thanks everyone I will take a closer look at them
Another recommendation here. Been with Bulb for well over a year and have had ZERO trouble. Submit my readings online every month with ease. As said, no pushy obligation towards "Smart Meters" for the best deals - although they do have a 'special' SM tariff.

Do read some of their 'community' blog posts though as it does give you an insight into their service. Whilst I can happily say I've had no issues, others have had many - mind you, when you read some of the stories you can't help but wonder whether they are troubles of their own making! Especially problematic with SM problems - i.e. readings not being sent or displaying correctly on the IHD. This is the main reason I have held off on having one installed myself. Theirs are GEN2 meters but; by the sounds of it; very troublesome!

All the best, Phsy.
Been with Bulb a couple of years now with zero issues. They recently contacted us to say we can lower our payments so happy days!
Phsycronix01/06/2020 10:43

Another recommendation here. Been with Bulb for well over a year and have …Another recommendation here. Been with Bulb for well over a year and have had ZERO trouble. Submit my readings online every month with ease. As said, no pushy obligation towards "Smart Meters" for the best deals - although they do have a 'special' SM tariff.Do read some of their 'community' blog posts though as it does give you an insight into their service. Whilst I can happily say I've had no issues, others have had many - mind you, when you read some of the stories you can't help but wonder whether they are troubles of their own making! Especially problematic with SM problems - i.e. readings not being sent or displaying correctly on the IHD. This is the main reason I have held off on having one installed myself. Theirs are GEN2 meters but; by the sounds of it; very troublesome!All the best, Phsy.

Many thanks I will have a look, we can't have a SM so that's not a issue .
Been with Bulb for over a year. Recommend. They send a payment reminder 2-3 days before they take payment, so you can send your readings then. The app is very good. Easily allows you to send your meter readings. You can pick your payment date. If you end up overpaying, you can request your money back. If you go in debit, you can increase your payment but they don't pressure you. They provide warm home discount if you're entitled to it.
Was with bulb, octopus agile is cheaper for me so far, electric prices are stupidly low at the moment so I am actually paying pretty much half my normal amount, although I expcect realisticly over the year it be more like 30% cheaper.
App is great. Prices for the last two year have been in the good
Swapped from e-on to bulb about 4 months ago. App is great and easy to use
Spent 3 months with them before leaving for cheaper elsewhere. They were alright but nothing special. Found their customer service decent enough and app was usable. Nice that they have no exit fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text