Bulk discount at John Lewis?

Found 7th Jun
Is it possible to negotiate a discount for bulk purchases at John Lewis?

We're updating the kitchen and will be spending more than £4000 on kitchen goods - anyone know if its possible to get a discount for bulk purchase?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Hardly bulk buying.
All you can do is ask. Just mask sure you don’t blindly buy from them without screening individual prices first.
Thanks.

I intend to price match the lowest price but the negotiation is over and above that.

I will definitely try to get the price down, just wondered if anyone had success and the level of discount and purchase (so that I can benchmark it)
I got 22% off a spend of 15k @ JL

That was part of an insurance payout after a flood. But basically I didn't save any money as such as any discount had to be spent on other stuff at JL. As teh insurance company provided me with a credit note for 15k only to be spent at JL.

The chap told me that he couldnt offer much discount on the white goods as the margins weren't great and the bulk of the discounts were applied to the furniture, as the margins held much better scope for a discount.
Thanks DKLS, that's very useful to know.

I will try haggling and report back how well I did.

Btw, how did you go about getting the discount, any tips, greatly appreciated.

thanks again
ScoobyDoobyDoo1 h, 23 m ago

Thanks DKLS, that's very useful to know.I will try haggling and report …Thanks DKLS, that's very useful to know.I will try haggling and report back how well I did.Btw, how did you go about getting the discount, any tips, greatly appreciated.thanks again

Tbh, it was mainly about being nice to the poor guy who was landed with me and my mrs for the afternoon, having a laugh with him, listening to what he had to say, essentially building up a relationship with him, to the point that when we had completed our list for the first time, he offered to see what he could do for us and he came back with the 22% without us asking.

Looking back at the date it was a few days before month and quarter end, so don't know if that helped or not. Possibly depending on store performance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants