Bullseye star Jim Bowen dies aged 80

Found 14th Mar
Terrible day

Jim Bowen has died at the age of 80. I've just started watching the show again on Challenge (?) with the kids, such a great programme and a highlight of my youth days on a Sunday night (after the bath).

2909132.jpg

Sky have said :

Jim Bowen, who presented the beloved darts-based game show Bullseye, has died at the age of 80. Born in Lancashire, he worked as a stand-up comedian in the 1960s and soon ended up performing on national television.

Bowen achieved cult status in Bullseye through catchphrases such as "let's see what you could have won" and "you can't beat a bit of Bully".
Community Updates
Misc
29 Comments
RIP Jim.
Sunday night staple in our house too back in the day RIP Jim
Always loved it when the star prize was a speed boat or a jet-ski and the people were from Brum!

RIP Jim.
I'm just getting over the news of Ken Dodd, Stephen Hawking and now Jim Bowen May Jim RIP and here's something you might like to hear

33439257-IXazQ.jpg
Edited by: "summerof76" 14th Mar
"Jim Bowen Talks about an unaired Bullseye episode"

(from the "You Can't Say That Anymore" show)

One of my favourite exchanges on the programme:

Jim: "What do you do for a living?"
Contestant: "I'm unemployed"
Jim: "Super, smashing, great, lovely"
Oh the days when the shops and pubs closed by 4pm and there were only 4 channels on the tv, Bullseye was the highlight of a Sunday evening. Spent many a year watching this, wetting myself when a jackpot winner picked up a speedboat, only to live 2 hours away from the nearest stretch of water. Recreating 101 in six darts with my friends, oh how the time flew.
One of those people that you remember very fondly from your youth, r.i.p Jim.
Keep out the black and in the red, or was it out the brown and in the pink?
badger260916 m ago

Oh the days when the shops and pubs closed by 4pm and there were only 4 …Oh the days when the shops and pubs closed by 4pm and there were only 4 channels on the tv, Bullseye was the highlight of a Sunday evening. Spent many a year watching this, wetting myself when a jackpot winner picked up a speedboat, only to live 2 hours away from the nearest stretch of water. Recreating 101 in six darts with my friends, oh how the time flew.One of those people that you remember very fondly from your youth, r.i.p Jim.

When "Bullseye" started it aired on Monday evenings, & we only had three TV channels.

airfix10 m ago

Keep out the black and in the red, or was it out the brown and in the …Keep out the black and in the red, or was it out the brown and in the pink?

It was "Big Break" where you would screw back for the brown.
"Come and see what you would have won."
Turning into a bad few days, Doddy and now Jim.
Stay out of the black and into the red, Nothing in this game for two in a bed. #jimbowen
Saturn1 h, 19 m ago

Stay away from me ..... @benjammin316

Two deaths in one day. Any bets of the third?
In one - if you love a good tune, you’ll be over the moon with this radio cassette hi-fi.
MSK.8 m ago

Two deaths in one day. Any bets of the third?

I sense the day will end as a double, tops, with JB having checked out. Though I did notice that JC died on his feet in the Chamber.
joanddan711 m ago

In one - if you love a good tune, you’ll be over the moon with this radio c …In one - if you love a good tune, you’ll be over the moon with this radio cassette hi-fi.

In two - something for 'er indoors, a state of the art Hoover for cleaning those floors.*

*Note to moderators - Casual sexism was considered perfectly acceptable in the 1980s.
Edited by: "Saturn" 14th Mar
In three from han chi minh to me no chin this book of Vietnamese war atrocities (Frank sinner joke - I cant do the other prizes he did as they are all a bit of blue for the dads )
Super
Smashing
Great
Bullseye was so incredibly popular and simple format. loved it.
RIP Jim
We've had a good day Jim, nobody gambles,
Rest In Peace Jim. Another family favourite tv show that we still watch on Challenge.
fanpages4 h, 24 m ago

When "Bullseye" started it aired on Monday evenings, & we only had three …When "Bullseye" started it aired on Monday evenings, & we only had three TV channels.[Video]

I used to have karate Monday evenings, can't believe I missed out
badger260910 m ago

I used to have karate Monday evenings, can't believe I missed out

If you had only won the top-of-the-range VHS Recorder you could have watched the programme when you returned home.
fanpages41 m ago

If you had only won the top-of-the-range VHS Recorder you could have …If you had only won the top-of-the-range VHS Recorder you could have watched the programme when you returned home.

We had a Betamax that had a footprint about the same size as a football pitch. Always used to chew up pretty much every tape you put in it ;(. I think it must have weighed the same as a Bullseye caravan
fanpages1 h, 2 m ago

If you had only won the top-of-the-range VHS Recorder you could have …If you had only won the top-of-the-range VHS Recorder you could have watched the programme when you returned home.

And had the luxury of a wired remote,
33441564-is0MY.jpg
shadey122 m ago

And had the luxury of a wired remote,[Image]

Ah... the HR 7200... happy times.
shadey123 h, 23 m ago

And had the luxury of a wired remote,[Image]

Rented one of them from Radio rentals Donkeys years ago. £11 a month
Could of had a public hanging with the length of the wired remote
Post a comment
@
    Text