Groups

bullying in the workplace

help i am the victim of bullying at work by the manager because i witnessed him steeling and reported it

he has been punished but not sacked and now he is picking on me and it's making me quite ill i feel i have no choice but to leave is there anything i can do ??

56 Comments

speak to your HR dept,they will have policies in place to deal with this

he was caught stealing but WASNT sacked?? what kinda workplace is that?? the house of commons? how is that possible?

Original Poster

boothy;8167062

i shall do
    barky;8167066

he was caught stealing but WASNT sacked?? what kinda workplace is that?? … he was caught stealing but WASNT sacked?? what kinda workplace is that?? the house of commons? how is that possible?

lol wasnt for a small amount either ??

boothy;8167062

agree with boothy-specifically this is covered under "whistle blower" legislation-this guy shouldnt even be in charge of you any longer!

Keep records of what he says and does to you, when and where and try to get witnesses.

Dont feel because he is your boss that you need to take any crap from him.

agree with above and you must keep a note of everything he is doing to upset you. What a **** for doing that - and the cheek!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barky;8167066

he was caught stealing but WASNT sacked?? what kinda workplace is that?? … he was caught stealing but WASNT sacked?? what kinda workplace is that?? the house of commons? how is that possible?

Tesco do this :? One of the night shelf stackers was caught eating the food (sweets) on 4 occasions and instead of sacking her, she got moved to another department

contact the police, complain about harassment

faevilangel;8167105

Tesco do this :? One of the night shelf stackers was caught eating the … Tesco do this :? One of the night shelf stackers was caught eating the food (sweets) on 4 occasions and instead of sacking her, she got moved to another department

thats crazy-I was under the impression that theft was gross misconduct and instant dismissal in any workplace.

Banned

beat him up! you wont get sacked by the sounds of it!

Banned

If you don't want to be there then you may as well look elsewhere.
    But dont leave until you have something lined up.

The only outcome that will make you stay, is if he gets sacked..
    But by the sounds of it this isnt going to happen.
    Even if these comments or whatever stop, you still won't want to be there?

Banned

barky;8167120

thats crazy-I was under the impression that theft was gross misconduct … thats crazy-I was under the impression that theft was gross misconduct and instant dismissal in any workplace.

He might be related to the manager or being doing overtime for them elsewhere ;-)

Good luck op.

Supermod

Leave and then sue for constructive dismissal. Make sure it is reported first etc.

go and see a solicitor or CAB a letter from an outside agencey offten makes your emploer sit up and listen

HR may not be a good idea as your first stop as they should have been monitoring the situation anyway if they were any good

barky;8167120

thats crazy-I was under the impression that theft was gross misconduct … thats crazy-I was under the impression that theft was gross misconduct and instant dismissal in any workplace.

Defo from a Manager too :?

Don't let them manipulate you.
    Your in the right so make as much noise as possible until someone listens.
    Bullying isn't acceptable, and especially from your boss.
    You'll earn a lot more respect for doing the right thing rather than trying to ignore it.
    Good luck hun, it takes guts to admit there's a problem, you'll be fine x

Original Poster

miles136;8167181

go and see a solicitor or CAB a letter from an outside agencey offten … go and see a solicitor or CAB a letter from an outside agencey offten makes your emploer sit up and listenHR may not be a good idea as your first stop as they should have been monitoring the situation anyway if they were any good

a work colleague suggested cab and the doctors cause im not sleeping/eating with worry
    area manager has HR involved now but i just dont think i can carry on

im not the 1st he's done it to

trouble is im so wound up now the slightest provocation and i react and he reports me im worried ill do something stupid

Supermod

mini0ne;8167237

a work colleague suggested cab and the doctors cause im not … a work colleague suggested cab and the doctors cause im not sleeping/eating with worry area manager has HR involved now but i just dont think i can carry on im not the 1st he's done it totrouble is im so wound up now the slightest provocation and i react and he reports me im worried ill do something stupid

Then listen to my advice; leave and sue them for contructive dismissal.

mini0ne;8167237

a work colleague suggested cab and the doctors cause im not … a work colleague suggested cab and the doctors cause im not sleeping/eating with worry area manager has HR involved now but i just dont think i can carry on im not the 1st he's done it totrouble is im so wound up now the slightest provocation and i react and he reports me im worried ill do something stupid

can u afford to call in sick?

DAMNOME;8167182

Defo from a Manager too :?

yep-if a manager gets away with theft(a large one too according to op),there is something fundamentally wrong here-maybe higher ups involved too? this just doesnt ring right for me. and the idiocy of someone who gets away with this then bullying someone for it?

is there a head office you can call for an investigation op? someone from outside the actual premises you work in?

magicjay1986;8167175

Leave and then sue for constructive dismissal. Make sure it is reported … Leave and then sue for constructive dismissal. Make sure it is reported first etc.

I would have to agree, report your concerns then if they don't do anything within a suitable timeframe leave and claim constructive dismissal. Best result for you probably as well, as if he/she was not removed from their position at least, if not sacked, then the likelihood of them listening seem slim, thus this way they can hear it in court if they want to!

who do you work for?

Original Poster

bossyboots;8167246

can u afford to call in sick?

yeah i could manage ok i'd be okay with a part time job tbh l but i like my job and the people i work with i dont see why i should be the one leaving

trouble is i can see me decking him before long

Original Poster

DAMNOME;8167258

who do you work for?

rather not say at the moment but it's a multinational not a private/family place

Banned

see ur dr get a dr note for depression from stress, get sick pay and speak with HR about the situation, best would be a transfer or find another job

dont deck him unless you want locking up

I know how you feel. I was bullied at the college I worked in when I caught the head of the course changing a girl's D to an A for her A level course work after it had already been verified by a moderator. Apparently he was having an afair with the student too. The management buried it because of how it would have affected the college and then the bullying started. I fought it for a year but got so ill I had to leave or risk my sanity, then I couldn't get legal aid to fight it through the court. I hope everything works out for you but remember your mental health is the most important thing

Banned

get another job lined up then deck him hard,when he is alone dont listen to the wimps sometimes you got to do it!:thumbsup:

RFC;8167327

get another job lined up then deck him hard,when he is alone dont listen … get another job lined up then deck him hard,when he is alone dont listen to the wimps sometimes you got to do it!:thumbsup:

Great and get a criminal record possibly...when she has done nothing wrong.

Supermod

RFC;8167327

get another job lined up then deck him hard,when he is alone dont listen … get another job lined up then deck him hard,when he is alone dont listen to the wimps sometimes you got to do it!:thumbsup:

...then lie to your new employer when you are up in court for assault. Yep, real clever.

Banned

Leila70;8167307

I hope everything works out for you but remember your mental health is … I hope everything works out for you but remember your mental health is the most important thing

+1

I went through a really bad time at work 3 year's ago.

The 3 year's since have been difficult due to being in and out of work.

Due to temporary contracts etc...

I don't look back though, my fella still work's there and I am glad to be gone.

I am still in touch with a lot of people from there on Facebook etc...

Good luck x x

Banned

RFC;8167327

http://www.waccoe.com/style_emoticons/default/fishing.gif

check out this website for some support and how to deal with it in a way that keeps you on the right path
    jfo.org.uk/

Banned

big willy style;8167369

Thats what you get for being a grass!!!!!

Let's all steal from our workplaces then watch the firm go under :roll:

report the situation and pick a date in a couple of weeks/months that you want the situation to improve by. Until that date write down everything he does/says to you that you are not comfortable with no matter how small you may think it is. Write down dates/times etc be a specific as possible.

If you feel your health is detereorising because of this, go see a doctor ASAP and get proof of this.

If the situation hasnt improved by the date you choose, speak to HR or whoever is the most appropriate and tell them that you have proof that his behaviour is in breach of contract and that your health is being affected. Also tell them that you will leave if the matter is not resolved.

If it still doesnt get sorted then Id suggest speaking to a lawyer if you have substantial proof. You already have proof that hes not willing to stick to his contract with him stealing. Witnesses will also help.

Remember - Write EVERYTHING down. What he said to you and what youve said to him including attitudes etc. You are in the right, hes just another employer like you who also has a manager who will be making sure that the managers under him are performing as expected.

It will be your documented proof against the word of a crook.

manchesterjim;8167527

report the situation and pick a date in a couple of weeks/months that you … report the situation and pick a date in a couple of weeks/months that you want the situation to improve by. Until that date write down everything he does/says to you that you are not comfortable with no matter how small you may think it is. Write down dates/times etc be a specific as possible.If you feel your health is detereorising because of this, go see a doctor ASAP and get proof of this.If the situation hasnt improved by the date you choose, speak to HR or whoever is the most appropriate and tell them that you have proof that his behaviour is in breach of contract and that your health is being affected. Also tell them that you will leave if the matter is not resolved.If it still doesnt get sorted then Id suggest speaking to a lawyer if you have substantial proof. You already have proof that hes not willing to stick to his contract with him stealing. Witnesses will also help.Remember - Write EVERYTHING down. What he said to you and what youve said to him including attitudes etc. You are in the right, hes just another employer like you who also has a manager who will be making sure that the managers under him are performing as expected. It will be your documented proof against the word of a crook.

Great advice :thumbsup:

RFC;8167327

This, as there would be no witnesses, your word against his. :thumbsup:
    Use a bat though for better effect.

Banned

esq3585;8167670

This, as there would be no witnesses, your word against his. … This, as there would be no witnesses, your word against his. :thumbsup:Use a bat though for better effect.

exactly:thumbsup:

Sounds obvious but if you are in a union, contact them ASAP.

Don't talk to anyone, least of all HR. Write or e mail them instead. Phone calls are no use if this goes further.

If you work for large organisation, anyone that gets "stress" on sicknote is seen by occupational health dept, if you have one.

Whilst you are in work, do a bit of digging and find out from someone if there are any workplace policies on bullying. You will need to be aware of these, if not it is flying by seat of pants stuff.

Believe me, bullying or harrassment is VERY difficult to prove, and the weeks taken to do it will be stressful. Not saying that is right, just being realistic.

As for constructive dismissal etc, that can only be done if all the other workplace policies have been followed. You can't just leave and then claim constructive dismissal, that would not get past the first hurdle.

Hard and stressful but you sound to me like a strong individual. But only you can decide whether you stay and fight or just leave. Good luck

magicjay1986;8167175

Leave and then sue for constructive dismissal. Make sure it is reported … Leave and then sue for constructive dismissal. Make sure it is reported first etc.

magicjay1986;8167241

Then listen to my advice; leave and sue them for contructive dismissal.

:whistling:

esq3585;8167670

This, as there would be no witnesses, your word against his. … This, as there would be no witnesses, your word against his. :thumbsup:Use a bat though for better effect.

what is wrong with you people, even if you are joking you DONT want to do that.

a record, is the most stupidest thing ever and will affect future job chances for that one little thing

i know.. because i did the exact thing they are telling you to do! its NOT worth it.. i'm struggling to get a job now thanks to that and the problem of references.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2645
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …76130
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1637
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764498

See more discussions