Bumped into other car but no damage, should I have left a note?

Found 19th Mar 2012
Started the car in neutral by accident in Sainsbury's car park and budged into the car infront.

I got out and there was zero sign of damage, no scratches or anything.

I calmed myself down and left. Should I have left a note to the other car?
Community Updates
MiscAppleCarNoddy
34 Comments
Its normal to start a car in neutral, you should do it deliberately... maybe thats where you are going wrong?
If it was in neutral it wouldn't have moved.....oO

Have you taken your test yet??
Original Poster
in first gear I mean, oops
You could of stole it and sold it on ebay and they'd of never known.
shauneco

no, u should have reved it hard, bumped it and THEN left a note.....u noob!
Did you look inside, Airbags have went off!!!!!!!!!!

http://tehgiraffe.com/pix/2008/07/1217501738-OH_NOES.jpg
Is this your car ???

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/bttf2-delorean-car.jpg
no dont worry , dog eat dog in car parks i hate them , once a women opened her door really hard onto mine left a small dint so i said are you going to sort that out and she just said it was a accident !!!!!! and walked away , i give it 5 mins and opened my door about 100mph and put a huge dint in her door , it was huge . I drove to the othere side of the car park and waited to see her reaction , it was sweet revenge she fliped her lid , hands going everywhere!!!
Banned
Orcinus_orca

Started the car in neutral by accident in Sainsbury's car park and … Started the car in neutral by accident in Sainsbury's car park and budged into the car infront.

Orcinus_orca

in first gear I mean, oops

easy mistake to make when you can't drive
This was the op's car after bumping into the other.

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcgZrQOwZMvZ_LXVF1K2ZQhf6_-b6jG1walsve1-5-knaUAuhd[/img]
Banned
rockyfella

Is this your car ???

nah this is his car........... http://www.toxel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/car11.jpg
I would have thought you would have got out and written;

"All of these people watching me think I am leaving you a note letting you know that I hit you and am leaving my insurance details.

However I am not.

Cheers, Orci"

In before (came back to my car at sainsburys and front end smashed in) thread.
Original Poster
http://kenag.net/pictures/2006-10-14%20Miramar%20Air%20Show/25%20-%20A%20whale%20of%20a%20car.jpg

mon automobile
sancho1983

I would have thought you would have got out and written;"All of these … I would have thought you would have got out and written;"All of these people watching me think I am leaving you a note letting you know that I hit you and am leaving my insurance details.However I am not.Cheers, Orci"

Hmmmm that note seemed to come easily to you, one you have written before? (minus the orci)
Orcinus_orca

Started the car in neutral by accident in Sainsbury's car park and budged … Started the car in neutral by accident in Sainsbury's car park and budged into the car infront.

Stopped reading after this.

Can anyone smell anything?
shauneco

I feel shipping it abroad would have been the safer option
Banned
deek72

Stopped reading after this.Can anyone smell anything?

rotten apples..... (_;)
Excellent comedy thread OP.
think you should have. still classed as hit and run. i know someone tilt got 6 points for same thing
markq

Hmmmm that note seemed to come easily to you, one you have written … Hmmmm that note seemed to come easily to you, one you have written before? (minus the orci)

Well I have known a friend of mine to do it...
sawleyred

think you should have. still classed as hit and run. i know someone tilt … think you should have. still classed as hit and run. i know someone tilt got 6 points for same thing

Not that I agree with the OP leaving without giving his details, but NO it isnt classed as hit and run with a potential 6 points as it was in Sainsbury's car park, private property!
I always keep in my car a wad of post it notes which I have written, 'Sorry, I didn't see you'.

I can then quickly stick it on every tree, fence, bollard, hedge, parked car or hedgehog that I may accidently nudge when I'm out and about.

funny.onion

I always keep in my car a wad of post it notes which I have written, … I always keep in my car a wad of post it notes which I have written, 'Sorry, I didn't see you'.I can then quickly stick it on every tree, fence, bollard, hedge, parked car or hedgehog that I may accidently nudge when I'm out and about.

Weird coincidence. I keep a set in my car which say "ohh ffs , not you bumping into my car again"!
this thread made me smile haha feeling rubbish tonight

Orci- tbh if it wasn't even that bad/noticeable then it's fine. think you should go with Sancho's note though, just in case anyone saw
Edited by: "Twist96" 19th Mar 2012
Were u intoxicated at the time of the incident?
Banned
markq

Not that I agree with the OP leaving without giving his details, but NO … Not that I agree with the OP leaving without giving his details, but NO it isnt classed as hit and run with a potential 6 points as it was in Sainsbury's car park, private property!

so youre saying anyone who has an accident in a sainsburys car park isnt liable because its private property?

lol
casparwhite

so youre saying anyone who has an accident in a sainsburys car park isnt … so youre saying anyone who has an accident in a sainsburys car park isnt liable because its private property?lol

No i didnt say that at all, you moron, what I said is the person wouldnt get 6 points on their license as it happened on private property. Go to an australian forum will ya, you tool!
ps Putting you on ignore as you are a tedious little bitter man with nothing constructive to say. You live in australia ffs, get out and enjoy it you fool!
Edited by: "markq" 20th Mar 2012
Banned
markq

No i didnt say that at all, you moron, what I said is the person wouldnt … No i didnt say that at all, you moron, what I said is the person wouldnt get 6 points on their license as it happened on private property. Go to an australian forum will ya, you tool!ps Putting you on ignore as you are a tedious little bitter man with nothing constructive to say. You live in australia ffs, get out and enjoy it you fool!

eww get you

dont bust a blood vessel mr angry oO
i think youre tired maybe best you get some sleep now. next youll be saying you cant be arrested in sainsburys because its private property lol

ive enjoyed it for the last 9 years thanks

markq

Not that I agree with the OP leaving without giving his details, but NO … Not that I agree with the OP leaving without giving his details, but NO it isnt classed as hit and run with a potential 6 points as it was in Sainsbury's car park, private property!

Wrong.

Any place where the public has access to is NOT private property.

A gated area is classed as private property.

Not hard to understand, really..
simonturner69

Wrong.Any place where the public has access to is NOT private property.A … Wrong.Any place where the public has access to is NOT private property.A gated area is classed as private property.Not hard to understand, really..

Our local Sainsbury's car park is gated.........oO
Gates are open in the day but closed when ths shop is closed..
Wouldn't worry too much. Speak to your parents.

http://www.slotstock.co.uk/slotStock/main/bananas-in-pyjamas-children-s-ride.png
rockyfella

Our local Sainsbury's car park is gated.........oOGates are open in the … Our local Sainsbury's car park is gated.........oOGates are open in the day but closed when ths shop is closed..

You have access to it during the day though?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions