Found 22nd Oct 2009
How fast are bupa? From the time you go to your GP to get referred to a specalist to the time you have your op?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

depends on whats up with ya :?

pretty quick I hear - weeks I think

Usually very quick - they saw me and operated within the week - I'd been on the NHS list for 1 year with no end in site

normally pretty lively as it private and the doc gets big bucks for doing it

Original Poster

Well that sounds like much better service! Glad i signed up for the work health policy.

bluedave, was it a big op if u had been waiting a year?

the__mayster;6659276

Well that sounds like much better service! Glad i signed up for the work … Well that sounds like much better service! Glad i signed up for the work health policy. bluedave, was it a big op if u had been waiting a year?

It was a gallbladder removal. Even my Gp thought it was ridiculous the lengthy waiting time. When my GP was informed by the hospital that it'd be another 6 months as I wasn't a priority, I paid BUPA. BTW this was 10 years ago.

Original Poster

bluedave;6659376

It was a gallbladder removal. Even my Gp thought it was ridiculous the … It was a gallbladder removal. Even my Gp thought it was ridiculous the lengthy waiting time. When my GP was informed by the hospital that it'd be another 6 months as I wasn't a priority, I paid BUPA. BTW this was 10 years ago.

That sounds insane trying to make you wait another 6 months. I just need to become like a jew for medical reasons, im on the list and have been for ages. The specalist that i have seen already is BUPA so it should cut it down massively.

Work have bupa so i signed up, they said even said even though its pre-existing they will still do it.

A lot faster than the NHS!

My gran saw the doctor (NHS) on monday & was told it would be 19 months before she got the operation on her heart.

She asked to be refferred to BUPA, saw the doctor yesterday & is going in on Monday for her operation that she could not have on the NHS for 19 months. She is 79 & is very impressed with them so far .

Last time I used Bupa, they rang me to ask when would be most convenient for the Op, and faxed me a menu and wine list at the same time.

Was great, and was the very same surgeon that I would have seen in 18months time on the NHS.

Banned

great grub in the hospitals - I had a menu to select from!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1223
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604819
    3. word association Game74244920
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming58

See more discussions