Burger king

Posted 1st Dec
the expectation...

3352679.jpg
the reality...

3352679.jpg
3352679.jpg
the restaurant was absolutely disgusting too, left over food on every table, food on the floor under every table, the bin was overflowing to the extent that customers were forced to leave their packaging on tables.
we only ate there because McDonald's was heaving with a 10-15 minute queue and nowhere to sit.
the food was ice cold and my wife doesn't like it when i complain so had to bite my tongue.
never again.

thoughts ???
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
"the food was ice cold and my wife doesn't like it when i complain so had to bite my tongue.
never again.

thoughts ???"

I agree. Don't make a habit out of biting your tongue, but it was probably warmer than your food.
39 Comments
You should have complained and see what they could do to put it right or explain why it was so wrong. I don't get that attitude of getting a crappy service or product and being annoyed about it, but not saying anything to anyone at the time.
Haircut_10001/12/2019 16:09

You should have complained and see what they could do to put it right or …You should have complained and see what they could do to put it right or explain why it was so wrong. I don't get that attitude of getting a crappy service or product and being annoyed about it, but not saying anything to anyone at the time.

As i explained above, my wife gets very embarrassed and upset if and when i complain.
I have now emailed burger king to see what they have to say.
"the food was ice cold and my wife doesn't like it when i complain so had to bite my tongue.
never again.

thoughts ???"

I agree. Don't make a habit out of biting your tongue, but it was probably warmer than your food.
No one can expect their food to be the same as the photo, they spend days making the food in photo look so good. That been said it should still be hot and tasty there’s no excuse for cold food.
Not just me who thinks they've gone downhill then.

I always used to prefer BK to McDs, I don't have either very often but the last two BK meals I had weren't up to much at all.
You asked, "thoughts ???"

You could have told other customers at the time that you were researching on "expectation" versus "reality" and that you would like to photograph their burgers for a survey.
Larressingle01/12/2019 16:58

Comment deleted

Mrs poplee is probably still miffed about the heart on lolly's left hand.

("Winona forever", etc.)
Why would you even eat there if the restaurant was disgusting?? Surely there's several other establishments you could have picked from.
toonsquirel01/12/2019 16:29

No one can expect their food to be the same as the photo, they spend days …No one can expect their food to be the same as the photo, they spend days making the food in photo look so good. That been said it should still be hot and tasty there’s no excuse for cold food.

I disagree.
Everyone should expect their food to be the same as the photo.
fanpages01/12/2019 17:07

Mrs poplee is probably still miffed about the heart on lolly's left …Mrs poplee is probably still miffed about the heart on lolly's left hand.("Winona forever", etc.)

thats a poorly from work not a heart
Is your life so busy that you couldn't wait 15mins for a McDonald's?
Sc4mp001/12/2019 17:10

Why would you even eat there if the restaurant was disgusting?? Surely …Why would you even eat there if the restaurant was disgusting?? Surely there's several other establishments you could have picked from.

It was raining, and my wife was hangry. She not me, she wanted a Burger king.

Comment deleted

I thought i was gonna get a decent meal from the photos and the TV adverts.
Its not like its cheap, its pretty much twice the price of McDonald's.
And as far as i know, its not the norm to take the Mrs for a 3 course candle lit dinner during Christmas shopping when all she wants is a hot burger

Comment deleted

fanpages01/12/2019 17:07

Mrs poplee is probably still miffed about the heart on lolly's left …Mrs poplee is probably still miffed about the heart on lolly's left hand.("Winona forever", etc.)

lollypoplee01/12/2019 17:22

thats a poorly from work not a heart

Blimey... that took far longer than it should have done for me to decipher what you meant!

I hope your wife's mood improves faster than your work-related injury.
lollypoplee01/12/2019 17:26

I thought i was gonna get a decent meal from the photos and the TV …I thought i was gonna get a decent meal from the photos and the TV adverts. Its not like its cheap, its pretty much twice the price of McDonald's. And as far as i know, its not the norm to take the Mrs for a 3 course candle lit dinner during Christmas shopping when all she wants is a hot burger

fanpages01/12/2019 17:44

[Video]

One of my all time favourite films, Michael Douglas plays a cracking part.
But i agree with Michael, the customer is always right
jimmy_the_fridge01/12/2019 17:22

Is your life so busy that you couldn't wait 15mins for a McDonald's?

It wasn't the waiting so much as not being able to sit down !
To be honest it's pretty rare to get Hot food at McDonalds or Burger King ever since they started making food to order to cut down on waste. I can't beleive the crap people put up with, we always complain when the food is just warm but never see others doing the same.
lollypoplee01/12/2019 16:14

As i explained above, my wife gets very embarrassed and upset if and when …As i explained above, my wife gets very embarrassed and upset if and when i complain. I have now emailed burger king to see what they have to say.

I use to get very embarrassed for same reason when I was a teen, but after finding Hotukdeals my balls manned up
Azwipe01/12/2019 18:14

To be honest it's pretty rare to get Hot food at McDonalds or Burger King …To be honest it's pretty rare to get Hot food at McDonalds or Burger King ever since they started making food to order to cut down on waste. I can't beleive the crap people put up with, we always complain when the food is just warm but never see others doing the same.

If it's made to order, it should be hot. if you really want certain that it's hot ask them to make a new one, you have to wait but its worth it, or if you can't wait tell them to give you one from the back, the back ones are cooked more recently than the front. You have to make a habit of this otherwise if you go occasionally you will forget.
Studio photography ,,, techniques

lollypoplee01/12/2019 16:14

the food was ice cold... thoughts ???

The image indicates it takes at least two sizeable bites of an ice cold burger to decide it's ice cold. That is kinda weird, unless: another person is simultaneously biting the same burger cheek-to-cheek with you;
or you have two mouths,
or have two rows-of-teeth shaped plastic knives and forks taped together,
all of which would be even weirder.
Just a thought.
AndyRoyd01/12/2019 19:12

The image indicates it takes at least two sizeable bites of an ice cold …The image indicates it takes at least two sizeable bites of an ice cold burger to decide it's ice cold. That is kinda weird, unless: another person is simultaneously biting the same burger cheek-to-cheek with you; or you have two mouths, or have two rows-of-teeth shaped plastic knives and forks taped together,all of which would be even weirder. Just a thought.

The next imagine, if i uploaded it just showed a bit of bun !
Yes it was cold but i had also just paid hard earned cash for it so wasn't gonna throw it away !
So yes, you thought was definitely over thinking it
MR112301/12/2019 18:32

If it's made to order, it should be hot. if you really want certain that …If it's made to order, it should be hot. if you really want certain that it's hot ask them to make a new one, you have to wait but its worth it, or if you can't wait tell them to give you one from the back, the back ones are cooked more recently than the front. You have to make a habit of this otherwise if you go occasionally you will forget.

I said made to order, not cooked to order. The cooked patties are stored in drawers, when someone orders they take the patty out the drawer and put it on the burger. The old way was better and fresher but inevitably led to waste.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 1st Dec
A good indicator on how low peoples expectations are is Uber Eats. People get Mcdonalds delivered, that must really taste delicious
Azwipe01/12/2019 19:34

I said made to order, not cooked to order. The cooked patties are stored …I said made to order, not cooked to order. The cooked patties are stored in drawers, when someone orders they take the patty out the drawer and put it on the burger. The old way was better and fresher but inevitably led to waste.

I see what you mean my local takeaway do that when ordering kebab, it goes colder faster and it's not very hot as the normal way. I could get why the local takeaway uses them because they don't have massive cooking machines like McDonald's and burger king that cooks it in 2-5mins and they could cook 6+ in one go. For bk no excuse, no idea if md's use them.
My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls and complain where a complain is warranted, to serve you ice cold food is more than bad service, it's a health hazard and probably food that must have been sitting out for ages.

You should have complained.
ibblackberry101/12/2019 20:56

My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls …My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls and complain where a complain is warranted, to serve you ice cold food is more than bad service, it's a health hazard and probably food that must have been sitting out for ages.You should have complained.

ibblackberry1:
My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls and complain where a complain is warranted, to serve you ice cold food is more than bad service, it's a health hazard and probably food that must have been sitting out for ages.

You should have complained.

About 2 years ago i visited a KFC and the place was a pig sty, as above, just like there had been a food fight in there.
I ordered my food and after it was all placed on the tray and then on the counter i pointed to the 5 star food hygiene sign at the side of the counter and.. raising my voice, "did you steal that sign"
The place went silent as if i had ordered a babysham in a nightclub!
The girl behind the counter was shocked and stupidly asked "i beg your pardon"
So even louder i shouted "did you steal that sign"
I then proceeded to point to all the filthy tables and food on the floor.
My mrs and 2 daughter's were clearly embarrassed but at the same time i knew that lots of the customers already in there were happy that i had the minerals to speak out.
The girl then explained that they were short staffed ! That is no excuse so i continued to tell them why it should be cleaned.
The manager then came out from the back with a bag, mop and bucket and cleaned the place while we were eating our food, which may i add was perfect and hot lol.
Afterwards he came and apologised and i thanked him.
So yes ive got the minerals, but my mrs and daughters were less than happy and made me promise not to be so outspoken if it happened again.... and i dont enjoy sleeping on the sofa or breaking promises to them.
lollypoplee01/12/2019 21:35

ibblackberry1:My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a …ibblackberry1:My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls and complain where a complain is warranted, to serve you ice cold food is more than bad service, it's a health hazard and probably food that must have been sitting out for ages.You should have complained.About 2 years ago i visited a KFC and the place was a pig sty, as above, just like there had been a food fight in there.I ordered my food and after it was all placed on the tray and then on the counter i pointed to the 5 star food hygiene sign at the side of the counter and.. raising my voice, "did you steal that sign"The place went silent as if i had ordered a babysham in a nightclub!The girl behind the counter was shocked and stupidly asked "i beg your pardon"So even louder i shouted "did you steal that sign"I then proceeded to point to all the filthy tables and food on the floor.My mrs and 2 daughter's were clearly embarrassed but at the same time i knew that lots of the customers already in there were happy that i had the minerals to speak out.The girl then explained that they were short staffed ! That is no excuse so i continued to tell them why it should be cleaned. The manager then came out from the back with a bag, mop and bucket and cleaned the place while we were eating our food, which may i add was perfect and hot lol.Afterwards he came and apologised and i thanked him.So yes ive got the minerals, but my mrs and daughters were less than happy and made me promise not to be so outspoken if it happened again.... and i dont enjoy sleeping on the sofa or breaking promises to them.

Tbh that's not having the minerals, that's damn right rude,no wonder they wanted you to keep quiet.
Sc4mp001/12/2019 21:53

Tbh that's not having the minerals, that's damn right rude,no wonder they …Tbh that's not having the minerals, that's damn right rude,no wonder they wanted you to keep quiet.

Seriously !
Whatever.
lollypoplee01/12/2019 21:35

ibblackberry1:My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a …ibblackberry1:My thoughts would be that your wife should let you grow a pair of balls and complain where a complain is warranted, to serve you ice cold food is more than bad service, it's a health hazard and probably food that must have been sitting out for ages.You should have complained.About 2 years ago i visited a KFC and the place was a pig sty, as above, just like there had been a food fight in there.I ordered my food and after it was all placed on the tray and then on the counter i pointed to the 5 star food hygiene sign at the side of the counter and.. raising my voice, "did you steal that sign"The place went silent as if i had ordered a babysham in a nightclub!The girl behind the counter was shocked and stupidly asked "i beg your pardon"So even louder i shouted "did you steal that sign"I then proceeded to point to all the filthy tables and food on the floor.My mrs and 2 daughter's were clearly embarrassed but at the same time i knew that lots of the customers already in there were happy that i had the minerals to speak out.The girl then explained that they were short staffed ! That is no excuse so i continued to tell them why it should be cleaned. The manager then came out from the back with a bag, mop and bucket and cleaned the place while we were eating our food, which may i add was perfect and hot lol.Afterwards he came and apologised and i thanked him.So yes ive got the minerals, but my mrs and daughters were less than happy and made me promise not to be so outspoken if it happened again.... and i dont enjoy sleeping on the sofa or breaking promises to them.

You do know that you can complain in a reasonable manner.

Cannot for the life of me contemplate paying for ice cold food that had been sitting out for ages, let alone eat it.
ibblackberry101/12/2019 21:58

You do know that you can complain in a reasonable manner.Cannot for the …You do know that you can complain in a reasonable manner.Cannot for the life of me contemplate paying for ice cold food that had been sitting out for ages, let alone eat it.

"Cannot contemplate paying for cold food" Ooooh so i KNEW it was cold when they gave it to me , note to self - make sure i take my psychic powers with me next time ! Idiot
"
lollypoplee01/12/2019 22:01

"Cannot contemplate paying for cold food" Ooooh so i KNEW it was cold when …"Cannot contemplate paying for cold food" Ooooh so i KNEW it was cold when they gave it to me , note to self - make sure i take my psychic powers with me next time ! Idiot"

No, you take it back to the manager, let him check the temperature 1 minute after buying it, tell him it's unsafe and not fresh and have your money returned, hence not paying for it.
ibblackberry101/12/2019 22:09

No, you take it back to the manager, let him check the temperature 1 …No, you take it back to the manager, let him check the temperature 1 minute after buying it, tell him it's unsafe and not fresh and have your money returned, hence not paying for it.

Backtracked !
lollypoplee01/12/2019 22:10

Backtracked !

Not really mate, in my opinion if I get my money back then I haven't paid for it.

Anyways more power to you, continue to not say anything when your taken advantage of, it takes all sorts for the world to go round I suppose.

The image indicates it takes at least two sizeable bites of an ice cold …The image indicates it takes at least two sizeable bites of an ice cold burger to decide it's ice cold. That is kinda weird, unless: another person is simultaneously biting the same burger cheek-to-cheek with you; or you have two mouths, or have two rows-of-teeth shaped plastic knives and forks taped together,all of which would be even weirder. Just a thought.

It always takes me at least 2 mega bites to realise that my burger that is destined for the bin is cold and a hot replacement is required
Edited by: "OllieSt" 1st Dec

you've never seen" lady and the tramp"?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants