Groups

Burger King Thief

Went in to my local burger king to get 2 ice cream things at 99p. the guy said to me that will be £2 took my fiver put it in his pocket and gave me £3 out of his pocket.

WTF, am i being dumb or is he stealing from the company.

44 Comments

I'd be more concerned that he scammed you out of 2p

Really? did you get a reciept?

So he used his pocket instead of the till....who cares as long as you got £3 back and your ice creams.....:thumbsup:

Burger King has a whole aura of theft..... have you seen their prices?

Original Poster

Syzable;3767354

I'd be more concerned that he scammed you out of 2p

It didn't even dawn on me till i got in the car.

id query with the manager.

Went in to my local burger king to get 2 ice cream things at 99p. the guy … Went in to my local burger king to get 2 ice cream things at 99p. the guy said to me that will be £2 took my fiver put it in his pocket and gave me £3 out of his pocket.WTF, am i being dumb or is he stealing from the company.

http://i33.tinypic.com/29xf0u9.gif

shanecr;3767372

It prob was the manager! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;3767356

Really? did you get a reciept?

Nope as he didn't go near the till.

Original Poster

shanecr;3767372

Well i would of but the penny didn't drop till i was driving.

BlondeBella;3767392

I'd say he was def increasing his income! ;-)

Rounding up prices and taking the money from their pocket sounds a lot like theft.
    You should meet with the manager and offer them the employee in exchange for free ice creams! :thumbsup:

I thought BK had a policy...if you don't get a receipt, you get the food for free!

BlondeBella;3767392

I really feel like a blonde comment is needed!

If he didn't go near the till how will Burger King know?

I worked at Dominos a few years ago and would sometimes take orders at the counter and pay change etc from my own pocket, tips or float - it didn't matter because I needed to square up at the end anyway...

He's clearly pocketing the cash...

ifyoudontask?;3767408

I'd say he was def increasing his income! ;-)

by £2?

lol he must of been desprate

Ha, i love the fact he didn't hide his theft, he's like "look at me steal, please shop me to the mgr and end my hell" . . . . . . :thumbsup:

Original Poster

natversion1;3767410

Rounding up prices and taking the money from their pocket sounds a lot … Rounding up prices and taking the money from their pocket sounds a lot like theft. You should meet with the manager and offer them the employee in exchange for free ice creams! :thumbsup:

Yeah i thought so, Yeah and the ice cream wasn't even fine.

Tanchi;3767426

by £2?lol he must of been desprate

£2 x 50 customers...

What about a meal? £10? 10 times?

I wish I was earning that much and collecting a wage at the end of the week!

Original Poster

[email protected];3767425

I really feel like a blonde comment is needed! :)If he didn't go near the … I really feel like a blonde comment is needed! :)If he didn't go near the till how will Burger King know?I worked at Dominos a few years ago and would sometimes take orders at the counter and pay change etc from my own pocket, tips or float - it didn't matter because I needed to square up at the end anyway...He's clearly pocketing the cash...

Yeah well it would be true as i am very blonde :lol:

Tanchi;3767426

by £2?lol he must of been desprate

Yip, thats just one 'sale', imagine on a 8 hour shift, prob the easiest thing to scam is ice cream! prob makes at least £20 per shift! :thinking:

Original Poster

mbgringo;3767431

Ha, i love the fact he didn't hide his theft, he's like "look at me … Ha, i love the fact he didn't hide his theft, he's like "look at me steal, please shop me to the mgr and end my hell" . . . . . . :thumbsup:

Thats what i thought was so funny about it, it was claerly obvious to me:giggle:

Why are you buying icecream when it's so cold?

Original Poster

[email protected];3767477

Why are you buying icecream when it's so cold?

Im dumb and it seemed a good plan at the time :roll:

Think of it this way...

All retailers allocate a percentage of their prices to losses and theft. Therefore, you and I pay higher prices than we would otherwise need to because of this. Hence WE are the ones putting the money in that guys pocket from our own!

Shop him before the prices go up again!

BlondeBella;3767494

Im dumb and it seemed a good plan at the time :roll:

I've got a sore throat at the moment and think it sounds like an excellent idea!

black gerbil1;3767384

BG1 you put your pic on for us! sweet!:)

Original Poster

[email protected];3767554

I've got a sore throat at the moment and think it sounds like an … I've got a sore throat at the moment and think it sounds like an excellent idea!

Yeah ice cream is good idea for sore throats and next time im going to macd's.:thumbsup:

Sounds like the till was broken. You would have to be a complete mong to steal like that and think you could get away with it

Original Poster

Titchimp;3767588

Sounds like the till was broken. You would have to be a complete mong to … Sounds like the till was broken. You would have to be a complete mong to steal like that and think you could get away with it

It didn't look broken as it had the last customers cost on it.

Could be lots of reasons why he didn't go in the till. He might have been avoiding the till for easy transactions and planning on making a drop later. Was it busy? This is perhaps one way of saving a bit of time during busy periods.

Original Poster

flyingflea;3768269

Could be lots of reasons why he didn't go in the till. He might have been … Could be lots of reasons why he didn't go in the till. He might have been avoiding the till for easy transactions and planning on making a drop later. Was it busy? This is perhaps one way of saving a bit of time during busy periods.

There was me and another man. It was really quiet as it was late.

BlondeBella;3768322

There was me and another man. It was really quiet as it was late.

Hmm maybe till was empty as was cashed up to save time at end of night.

Banned

BK makes stuff taste BURNT on PURPOSE!
    And people still eat there?

Original Poster

flyingflea;3768378

Hmm maybe till was empty as was cashed up to save time at end of night.

Thats what i thought at first but he used it for the man behind me. Very strange.

Original Poster

Pluun;3768413

BK makes stuff taste BURNT on PURPOSE!And people still eat there?

oh hang on, is this like the missing pound riddle?

BlondeBella;3768422

Thats what i thought at first but he used it for the man behind me. Very … Thats what i thought at first but he used it for the man behind me. Very strange.

Well the till obviously wasn't empty then and I'm all out of ideas. I wouldn't let it worry you, if he was thieving then he'll be caught sooner or later.

Banned

black gerbil1;3767384

loooool!!

Dah, when I read your post I thought you were generally saying that he only gave you £3 back rather than £3.02 - I was focussing on the fact that he had short changed you and not even realised that he had pocketed your cash until reading the threads.
    He is obviously making a nice little profit - right under BK nose!

Original Poster

Shelby25;3769852

Dah, when I read your post I thought you were generally saying that he … Dah, when I read your post I thought you were generally saying that he only gave you £3 back rather than £3.02 - I was focussing on the fact that he had short changed you and not even realised that he had pocketed your cash until reading the threads. He is obviously making a nice little profit - right under BK nose!

Yeah wasn't bothered about the 2p i just found it so strange that it was from his pocket
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562133
      2. Sky Fibre Max11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764687
      4. Samsung Note 8914

See more discussions