Groups
    EXPIRED

Burglar Alarm - how much will it cost?

To get my insurance I have to agree to install a burglar alarm to the house.

It has to be a burglar alarm to a minimum of grade 2 EN50131 (for all new alarms), or burglar alarms previously installed by a NACOSS/SSAIB registered installer (where an alarm is already fitted).

Do these have to be professionally installed?
    How much do these cost?
    Are these dog friendly?
    Are these hard wired or battery? If hardwired is it a right pain to install?

All advise appreciated. Thanks.

5 Comments

What do you mean by dog friendly???

You can typically set up "zones" in your house and only enable certain zones to trigger an alarm. For example you could have three zones:
    Zone 1: Doors and Windows
    Zone 2: Upstairs
    Zone 3: downstairs

When you set the larm you could enable Zones 1 & 2 only, allowing the dog to roam downstairs without triggering the alarm. When you all go out you would enable all zones. The number of zones and settings will depend upon the control box.

There is also sometimes an annual maintenance charge for alarm systems to ensure they are regularly tested.

You can get wireless or wired sensors - depending where your control box and sensors are located running wires could be a problem.

they don't have to be installed professionally (but i'd recommed it) they just need to be maintained yearly by a NACOSS/SSAIB registered company so they can give you a
    nacoss/grading certificate and an annual maintain certificate

If you install it your self you need to know what you doing it can cost from £80-200
    if you get some one to install it privately it will cost from £150-600(depending on your property, type, size, amount of protection)
    company installed cost from £350-1200 (depending on your property, type, size, amount of protection)

you can buy detectors that are pet friendly but they cost more or you can have the alarm installed so your dogs have a area they can stay in when the alarm is set or you can have diffent sets when the dogs are in when your out

hardwired are more reliable(when installed properly) but they cost more because they take longer to install
    wire free systems can be cheaper to install a little less reliable but will cost more in battery

installed hardwired systems can be hard depending on your property

buy a dog

How much do these cost?
    Are these dog friendly?

1) I had mine professionally installed
    2) At the time it cost us £750 to install with 5 years warranty
    3) Dont have a dog
    4) Ours is hardwired to the main power supply, but then also has a battery encase power cuts out. No pain

yimmie;2009560

buy a dog

How much do these cost?
    Are these owner friendly?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions