burn file from lg tv to dvd in windows 10

Posted 1st Oct
hi, i have a football match recorded through my lg b7 oled tv to an external hdd, playback is normal from hdd to tv.

i connected the hdd to laptop (win 10) and copied all files to desktop, i cannot get windows to play these files? i was hoping to burn it through windows with x to dvd software or similar to add to existing dvd collection, is this possibble? thx n advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Are the files .ts format, and have you tried VLC
yes some files are .ts but there are other types.

tried vlc, it tries to load, menu bar shows files but no display!
I believe you can only play the files on the same TV which recorded them. I have 2 LGs and cannot even play files recorded from one on the other. Copyright/licencing/DRM/blah
Might need a media converter
Your best off using google. There are ways to do it, but you might need additional software to do so.

You could also try just renaming the files extension (long shot, but I've gotten that to work on stuff recorded on Panasonic devices in the past), to something like .avi or .mp4 or .vob.
Edited by: "ra786" 2nd Oct
What match? Probably easier to just download it
Its not worth the hassle, even if you did manage to convert it, the file will still most likely be encrypted in some way, Im suprised your PC allowed you to view the files without first needing the external hard drive to be formatted, you could try but I think it would take a great deal of effort.
chocci02/10/2019 05:11

What match? Probably easier to just download it

its from 2 years ago was on bbc alba dont fancy my chances.
ding01/10/2019 23:49

Might need a media converter

thx, might try convertx to dvd used that before,

over the years i burnt 1000's of discs now i haven't got any blanks!
leitchyleck02/10/2019 08:51

its from 2 years ago was on bbc alba dont fancy my chances.

what match and date?
Edited by: "chocci" 2nd Oct
may/june 2017 scottish junior cup final auchinleck v hurlford.
Could try imgburn to create the dvd from ts folders

google.co.uk/m?q…v=1

Maybe pist a screenshot of the file list
thx, i used imgburn years ago, i recall i had to run the files through other software first to decode the drm but cant remember its name?
leitchyleck03/10/2019 14:04

thx, i used imgburn years ago, i recall i had to run the files through …thx, i used imgburn years ago, i recall i had to run the files through other software first to decode the drm but cant remember its name?

I used to use a program called AnyDVD if that's what you are thinking of?
leitchyleck03/10/2019 14:04

thx, i used imgburn years ago, i recall i had to run the files through …thx, i used imgburn years ago, i recall i had to run the files through other software first to decode the drm but cant remember its name?

dvd decrypter probably

dvddecrypter.org.uk/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants