Groups

Burning audio cds

I have found and downloaded some 30 minute long audio tracks. each are about 30 minutes long and 17mb big(some less). there are 25 audio tracks totally to 500mb, so i thought, brilliant, they'll fit onto a single cd. but they don't, using itunes i've managed to fit 2 audio tracks onto a single cd, is there a way to fit more?

format according to itunes: mpeg audio file, mpeg-1 layer 3

7 Comments

An audio CD can hold 80 mins,

Even though it's only 500mb, it's going on the time limit of the CD (iTunes burns as an Audio CD)...

If you burn them to CD as MP3/Data, they will fit, but not as timed tracks as an Audio CD.

Original Poster

noob question, but whats the difference apart from the format?

morales;6152861

MP3 is compressed audio so you can fit ten times more on a disc but it will only play in something that can read MP3s, Does you hifi or Car stereo say MP3 on it ?.

morales;6152861

If they are mp3 files then putting them on a CD as mp3 files will NOT change the size (you put them on as DATA FILES not AUDIO FILES).

But if you put them on a CD as AUDIO files they become MUCH larger (which is why you can get only 80 minutes audio but 500Mb of mp3).

Copy them to CD as data files (but they may not play in a normal cd player - some CD players will play mp3 files, others wont)

Audio CD = CD as you know them (from HMV etc) - Plays on every day CD Players
    MP3 Data CD = MP3 Data on a CD-R, will only play on MP3 CD Players

To be honest, if you had an MP3 CD Player, you'd already know about it and how best to use a CD-R for MP3 Data CDs. It seems like you are trying to burn a standard audio CD, which means you are limited to the minutes provided on the blank CD, which usually is 80 minutes (hence, you are only fitting 60 minutes on a CD).

Original Poster

i had always wondered what the deal was with that but never cared lol, as i don't burn audio cds. i believe my car headunit does play mp3 so thats good news, thanks for the advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions