Groups

Burning DVDs to play on standalone player

Hello,

Just wondering, if anyone on here has any experience in the above. Im trying to burn some home movie clips onto a DVD - that will play on a standalone player without DIVX capabilities. Ive tried a couple of programs, including Nero but it never seems to work.. theres usually an error somewhere down the line...

Does anyone know of a fairly simpleish program i could do this in?

I have Sony Vegas.. use that for editing.. not sure if i can use that?..

thanks!

7 Comments

Your home movie clips container will no doubt be Avi* . If your dvd player is a standard one as you have stated, it will play mpeg1 (vcd) mpeg 2 (Svcd) and DVDs

You will therefore need to convert your avi to mpeg2 to be viewable on your DVD player

A free program called super can do this.

There are quite a few other programs that can manage this.

Shame your dvd does not play Avi.

google.co.uk/sea…oq=

dvd flick is another one not sure if its free(edit it seems to be free) and might be easier than super for you.

youtube.com/wat…uyI

Banned

the best one is convertxtodvd

not free unless you torrent

Original Poster

thanks for the tips - very helpful. I'll have a look later.

The Mpeg thing i understand - but if i just bung an MPEG file onto a DVD - that wont work will it? i thought there was a series of folders you had to create on the DVD to make it run / play?

Original Poster

just have to post one more so my message counts not dodgy
    tis friday the 13th after all

Narfette;6877955

thanks for the tips - very helpful. I'll have a look later.The Mpeg thing … thanks for the tips - very helpful. I'll have a look later.The Mpeg thing i understand - but if i just bung an MPEG file onto a DVD - that wont work will it? i thought there was a series of folders you had to create on the DVD to make it run / play?

When you convert your avi to dvd you will be given a number of files, .ifo, .vob etc..

You then select dvd video in Nero, this will already have the file structure setup and you drag the created files into the video_ts folder.

The best for straight conversion from avi container format into dvd vob format is ConvertxtoDVD. Do not put more than 250 mins of film onto one dvd to retain quality.

i also reckon convertxtodvd is the best. can generate menus for you as well if you have multiple clips on one disc. do a special google search
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay49
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​11
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1219
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764323

See more discussions