Burning to dvd

Found 31st Dec 2009
Can anyone help me, i went out and got the verbatim disc offer 100 discs for 12quid, came home and i had Ben 10 season 1 which i had downloaded, now i want to burn these to disc for the kids, but when i try in media player it wil only allow me to put 6 episodes on one disc, the discs are 4.7g and the file is only 2.2g so why cant i put the whole series (13 episodes) on one disc, this is the first time i have ever done this so i am a bit clueless, cheers!

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
23 Comments

Use DVDshrink and try it.

Are the files in avi format? You may need to convert them so it will play on a DVD player and also think you can only fit 5-6 episodes on one disc. I use CovertXtoDVD for all my DVD burning!!

Have you tried downloading them to your hd using dvd fab (free just google it) and perhaps using handbrake to send them to disk. If you go to this link, there are some useful 'how to guides' what you want to do will be there I am sure.
videohelp.com/guides

or DVDFab

edit - tiger66 beat me to it

depends what format the downloaded files are-if avi then convertx2dvd is good-I dont watch ben10 but Im guessing they are about 20 mins each?

you should get more than 6 on a disc if thats the length.

One would guess that the downloaded file is re-encoded using divx or mp4 or h.264? But when putting on a DVD to be played on an independent player they are converted to .vob files. So as a standard dvd holds about 3 hours of video and I guessing the Ben 10 episodes are 30mins you will get 6 on a dvd. If your dvd player supports divx you could convert them to divx and probably get them all onto 1 dvd, however it wont work on all players.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3908414

One would guess that the downloaded file is re-encoded using divx or mp4 … One would guess that the downloaded file is re-encoded using divx or mp4 or h.264? But when putting on a DVD to be played on an independent player they are converted to .vob files. So as a standard dvd holds about 3 hours of video and I guessing the Ben 10 episodes are 30mins you will get 6 on a dvd. If your dvd player supports divx you could convert them to divx and probably get them all onto 1 dvd, however it wont work on all players.

+1

Original Poster

Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? they are in avi format - there are 13 episodes roughly 22 mins long

gap30;3908451

Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? … Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? they are in avi format - there are 13 episodes roughly 22 mins long

Well what do you want to play it on? On a standard dvd player it will be 2 disks.

gap30;3908451

Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? … Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? they are in avi format

download a program called convertx2dvd(google it)-once installed place blank disc in drive and open the program.

then its simple-click "add file" and add the avi files then just click "convert" and leave it to run-will convert to dvd and burn all in one,chapters every 5 mins etc-really easy.

gap30;3908451

Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? … Whoa, everyone slow down start again, whats the first thing i need to do? they are in avi format - there are 13 episodes roughly 22 mins long

If your DVD plays DivX just copy them on a DVDr as a data disc NOT a DVD video, if it doesn't you will have to convert them to a DVD video using ConvertXtoDVd or similar program and will only get 6 episodes per disc as has been explained

Original Poster

barky;3908514

download a program called convertx2dvd(google it)-once installed place … download a program called convertx2dvd(google it)-once installed place blank disc in drive and open the program.then its simple-click "add file" and add the avi files then just click "convert" and leave it to run-will convert to dvd and burn all in one,chapters every 5 mins etc-really easy.

thanks, told you i was clueless!!:oops:

Original Poster

barneydog;3908526

If your DVD plays DivX just copy them on a DVDr as a data disc NOT a DVD … If your DVD plays DivX just copy them on a DVDr as a data disc NOT a DVD video, if it doesn't you will have to convert them to a DVD video using ConvertXtoDVd or similar program and will only get 6 episodes per disc as has been explained

i have a player that allows divx do i use convertxtodvd for this?

gap30;3908779

No go to divX.com

]http//ww…er/

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3908809

No go to divX.com]http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/

Thanx! so basically if i use a normal dvd player i will only get 6 episodes on one disc, what confuses me is i have dvd's i have bought that have six full length films on them so i thought the complete series would fit on one disc? sorry to be a pain:oops:

gap30;3908779

If your DVD player plays DivX files it probably will play avi files without any conversion, every one I have had has anyway (it will depend on the avi files and how they have been encoded).

I would try burning the 13 files to a single disc as a data disc with a program like Nero or another disc burning program and trying that in your player,

Original Poster

barneydog;3909196

If your DVD player plays DivX files it probably will play avi files … If your DVD player plays DivX files it probably will play avi files without any conversion, every one I have had has anyway (it will depend on the avi files and how they have been encoded).I would try burning the 13 files to a single disc as a data disc with a program like Nero or another disc burning program and trying that in your player,

the kids have a normal dvd player, how many episodes will i get on a disk (not DivX):thumbsup:

gap30;3909238

the kids have a normal dvd player, how many episodes will i get on a disk … the kids have a normal dvd player, how many episodes will i get on a disk (not DivX):thumbsup:

In theory 180 minutes divided by 22 minutes per episode so 8, but you have to have room for a menu so 7 on one disc and 6 on another would do it probably.

gap30;3909130

Thanx! so basically if i use a normal dvd player i will only get 6 … Thanx! so basically if i use a normal dvd player i will only get 6 episodes on one disc, what confuses me is i have dvd's i have bought that have six full length films on them so i thought the complete series would fit on one disc? sorry to be a pain:oops:

You have bought dvd's with 6 full length films on them? What are they?

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3909399

You have bought dvd's with 6 full length films on them? What are they?

Dont know - got em from the market, six kids films on one disc!:-D

keep it simple folks think of c90 cassette it holds 90mins dvd's are the same forget gb's and think minutes on the pack somewhere they often say minutes recording time for dvd recorders for tv's have a look

Banned

wanderer;3910666

keep it simple folks think of c90 cassette it holds 90mins dvd's are the … keep it simple folks think of c90 cassette it holds 90mins dvd's are the same forget gb's and think minutes on the pack somewhere they often say minutes recording time for dvd recorders for tv's have a look

yeah and some recorders can get 6 hours on one disk in SLP mode so your point isnt really valid.

Its convertxtodvd by the way

csiman;3912963

yeah and some recorders can get 6 hours on one disk in SLP mode so your … yeah and some recorders can get 6 hours on one disk in SLP mode so your point isnt really valid.Its convertxtodvd by the way

yeah some recorders can but most ppl have cheap players that cant read em !!!!
so you burn it at the most standard setting on standard disc type DVD-R

sucking eggs is easy, just talking with your mouth full is the true art!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iceland Dr. Oetker pizza board22
    2. Men’s electric shaver56
    3. HELP with credit ratings.33
    4. How much gravel would I need to buy for my garden ??44

See more discussions