Burnout Paradise remastered for Nintendo Switch Pre-order £44.99 at Nintendo

Posted 1st May
Perhaps not a 'deal' but I felt it might interest some of you since it came as news to me that this was even in production. 60fps on the go with every bit of DLC from the original game. This could easily become a must-have switch title.

nintendo.co.uk/Gam…tml

3453697.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Absolutely shocking pricing
15 Comments
Absolutely shocking pricing
Hell no! This is an unbelievably BAD price. It's worth £20 maximum, very cold.
I suspect price will drop on this after release.
Nintendo pre order prices are usually alot higher, this is likely to drop. Once it does it'll be amazing to have a portable burnout. Don't think that's been possible since the psp
Yes why do switch owners get warmed up left overs of games & then charged a fortune for playing it!👎👎👎👎👎
Wow! Expensive hobby being a Nintendo gamer
chocci01/05/2020 08:13

Wow! Expensive hobby being a Nintendo gamer

The console's are dear too rather have Xbox one x for the money.I commented on a supposed deal for bayonetta 2 £35, they didn't like it when I said there being ripped off for an old game!😁😁😁😁
Ukguy10101/05/2020 08:40

The console's are dear too rather have Xbox one x for the money.I …The console's are dear too rather have Xbox one x for the money.I commented on a supposed deal for bayonetta 2 £35, they didn't like it when I said there being ripped off for an old game!😁😁😁😁

It comes with the first game as well and since it's not actually on any other platform with the first game I'm not sure how it's a bad deal?

That, and it's the only way most of these games can be played portable, plus a lot of them need to be rewritten for the Switch, so the work has to be paid for, then cartridges are more expensive than discs to produce for the physical media and digital needs to be in-line with this.

Console-wise, whether you'd rather have another console is down to your personal opinion. They're for different audiences and have different pros and cons.

But for Burnout Paradise I do agree that this price is over the top.
Terrible price. This was barely worth the £20 I paid for it on Xbox a few years back.
I'd like to play this on Switch, but I have the feeling it's the sort of game that will drop in price. I'm not £45 interested.
Farmer_Humpf01/05/2020 10:06

I'd like to play this on Switch, but I have the feeling it's the sort of …I'd like to play this on Switch, but I have the feeling it's the sort of game that will drop in price. I'm not £45 interested.

It's EA, it will come down pretty fast. I'll be looking out for digital bargains as well.
pb-live01/05/2020 09:23

It comes with the first game as well and since it's not actually on any …It comes with the first game as well and since it's not actually on any other platform with the first game I'm not sure how it's a bad deal? That, and it's the only way most of these games can be played portable, plus a lot of them need to be rewritten for the Switch, so the work has to be paid for, then cartridges are more expensive than discs to produce for the physical media and digital needs to be in-line with this. Console-wise, whether you'd rather have another console is down to your personal opinion. They're for different audiences and have different pros and cons. But for Burnout Paradise I do agree that this price is over the top.

Bayonetta 1+2 are on Wii U as well, and the bundle was even under £10 at one point: hotukdeals.com/dea…894.
m3racer12301/05/2020 10:16

Bayonetta 1+2 are on Wii U as well, and the bundle was even under £10 at …Bayonetta 1+2 are on Wii U as well, and the bundle was even under £10 at one point: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bayonetta-1-2-999-at-toys-r-us-click-collect-only-2817894.

Current platform. The bundle was also £20 on Switch a while back (physical) at one point. Plus both games are enhanced on Switch with the original now running at 60fps and, of course, both games avaialble to play in handheld.
Nintendo games - specifically the exclusive ones - have always held their value. It's a debate that rages on. If you could walk into a branch of CEX today you'd pay the same price for a copy of Super Mario Galaxy on Wii as you would for the last God of War game on PS4. They'll give you more for a copy of Bayonetta 2 on Switch (even without the code for the first Bayonetta) than they will for a copy of Red or Dead Redemption 2. These days I buy mostly digital for PS4 because the sales are so good, I never pre-order anything because the price drops so quickly. On Switch I only ever buy indie games digitally and most of the big games I'll pre-order. Price wise Nintendo is just a very different platform to anything else. I can see the good and bad of it, but mostly I just accept it for what it is.
Edited by: "Farmer_Humpf" 1st May
Definite switch tax here, get the ps4/Xbox one version for much less if you have one of those systems, if not wait for the price to drop.

When it comes to the switch I mainly just go for the exclusives, 3rd party can be had cheaper on the ps4 or Xbox one and will run better.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions