Burnout Paradise HD reports further fuelled - Possible March release

Editor 33
Found 5th Jan
I'm not sure if you guys heard last month about the rumours of a Burnout Paradise HD heading to Xbox One and PS4 that was reported on a Brazilian website?

Last night Gematsu reported on the rumoured game appearing on a Brazilian blog (Gamepress) showing the pricing, date and possible formats for the upcoming release (where is the Switch?)

2871708-H48he.jpg
It's looking good, but I'm not personally sure I'd want to re-visit Paradise City for around £26, especially given that Burnout Paradise is backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

It's a fantastic game, and genuinely one of a kind. Thoughts?
Community Updates
MiscElectronics
33 Comments
Good for fans of the game, never got into it myself but im not a huge racing fan. Lets hope its not the same as 360 version with loot crates/micro transactions added in like what activision did with mwr
Never played burnout paradise. But if burnout revenge got a hd remake I'd be all over it. I do miss the burnout series
Did they make the ones after revenge a bit more open world rather than on a closed track?
Time to meet up at the baseball field and do some donuts again..
Was good on the PS3 but GTA5 destroys it so is there a market for it.
thewrecker74773 m ago

Did they make the ones after revenge a bit more open world rather than on …Did they make the ones after revenge a bit more open world rather than on a closed track?

It was just Paradise after Revenge then they moved to the Need for Speed franchise.
moshixmoshi3 m ago

It was just Paradise after Revenge then they moved to the Need for Speed …It was just Paradise after Revenge then they moved to the Need for Speed franchise.

Oh I see. I thought there had been more than that after revenge. Tbh I think they should go back to it. I think the need for speed series is a load of just my opinion
kester766 m ago

Was good on the PS3 but GTA5 destroys it so is there a market for it.

That's a completely different game
If it comes to the switch I'll grab a copy down the line. Other consoles I'm not so interested in.
Edited by: "kos1c" 5th Jan
thewrecker747720 m ago

Yeah, but it's not as good as Battlefield 1.
MasterFunk733 m ago

Yeah, but it's not as good as Battlefield 1.

Chuck Minecraft in while you're at it
Banned
Looks good, looks sexy, looks exciting but that's enough about BuzzDuraBand.

Will be purchasing!
thewrecker747756 m ago

Chuck Minecraft in while you're at it

Mindsweep you mean
I don't know why they stopped making burn out games they was fun
Splice21 m ago

I don't know why they stopped making burn out games they was fun

EA acquired Criterion, says it all really
thewrecker74773 h, 11 m ago

But would the GTA series have become the success that it has if they hadn't used Criterion's RenderWare engine when they went 3D, expanding on tech written for Burnout? Would GTA5 even exist?
Rubisco1 m ago

Criterion's founders left to form their own studio, and have released a …Criterion's founders left to form their own studio, and have released a Burnout clone:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Zone_(video_game)Xbox One | PS4 | Steam

And its terrible.
moshixmoshi4 h, 39 m ago

It was just Paradise after Revenge then they moved to the Need for Speed …It was just Paradise after Revenge then they moved to the Need for Speed franchise.

Actually...

32999396-cMDVP.jpg
The forgotten sequel came before 'Paradise'. It was actually one of the games Microsoft vetoed for the oXBOX when they were forcing devs to move to 360 development.
Krooner15 m ago

Actually...[Image] The forgotten sequel came before 'Paradise'. It was …Actually...[Image] The forgotten sequel came before 'Paradise'. It was actually one of the games Microsoft vetoed for the oXBOX when they were forcing devs to move to 360 development.

Not by Criterion so it's not cannon to be
moshixmoshi13 m ago

Not by Criterion so it's not cannon to be

There's actually an awful lot of shared staff. I think half of Criterion were doing the Revenge port, the rest were on this. I'm not sure "studios" mean anything when they're under an umbrella as big as EA, they just put people where they need them.
You guys forgot the best one :

32999930-9aVSh.jpg
thewrecker74775 h, 52 m ago

Yeah, GTA 5 is fun and Paradise gets boring fast. Sorry but I was in my early 30s when this game was released and I'm just not nostalgic about this game. I bought it originally on the PS3 and was annoyed that it wasn't anything like the original xbox and PSP games I had enjoyed previously. I played it for a while and bought some of the DLC off the Playstation store at the time and it was ok but got boring quickly. A bit later on I got the steam PC version for free as a bundle and was shocked at how much the so called ultimate edition was missing and how PC owners got shafted badly.

Here's a link to the fixes for it steamcommunity.com/sha…064

A lot of the ideas from this game have been lifted into other games like GTA, Need for Speed, Forza Horizon and whilst not the same they deliver a better experience IMO.
zworld2 h, 28 m ago

You guys forgot the best one :[Image]

If that's the one with the crash levels where you had to cause £X damage, I totally agree, wasted (enjoyed), far too much of my youth on that game
frakison12 h, 53 m ago

If that's the one with the crash levels where you had to cause £X damage, …If that's the one with the crash levels where you had to cause £X damage, I totally agree, wasted (enjoyed), far too much of my youth on that game

Yep, that's the one. I played it back in the day on my PS2. Recently, I decided to play it again, but as I no longer have a PS2, I downloaded the game ISO, PCSX2 emulator and DS4 emulator on my PC and used my PS3 controller.
zworld52 m ago

Yep, that's the one. I played it back in the day on my PS2. Recently, I …Yep, that's the one. I played it back in the day on my PS2. Recently, I decided to play it again, but as I no longer have a PS2, I downloaded the game ISO, PCSX2 emulator and DS4 emulator on my PC and used my PS3 controller.

Did it play ok
Personally I preferred the less open world, more structured Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge and would argue they need the HD remake treatment more being older, Burnout 3 especially since it didn't get even a 360 port (Revenge did). Technically Burnout Paradise was already HD on the 360 and PS3 anyway albeit at 720P. The PC version on max could probably look about as good as the remake anyway. Still nice that a new audience might get to play it but I can't help but wish they would make a proper sequel instead taking the franchise back to its roots since open world is starting to get boring IMHO, every other game is open world these days....
With It being BC that’s good enough for me - no need for this.
Would love some older ones added to BC.
BC fell off a cliff when they added Xbox Originals - barely added anything since!
frakison8 h, 47 m ago

Did it play ok

Yes, it played fantastically, no graphics tearing, no sound isues, nothing - it was a perfect experience!
Loved Burnout 2 and 3, always assumed they stopped after Paradise as it was so naff.

If I wanted to spend half my time driving around lost looking for a petrol station/garage/something to do I would have just jumped in my car with no sat nav
Whenever I see someone trying to do aggressive driving with me in real life, I chuckle at the thought - you don't want to mess with me, I played Burnout!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants